Men: Honest answers, please, to an honest question

by berylblue 87 Replies latest social current

• berylblue
    berylblue

From another thread:

where else does the media so vividly show females as equal

When I read this, I had to wonder: Is there something wrong with doing so? Portraying women as equals? Are we not? ????

Been meaning to post this for a while; I just so routinely disappoint myself with my lack of eloquence.

But here goes anyway...I honestly wonder how many men -really- think women are their "equals". That concept, in my (admittedly not always so astute) observation, seems.to make so many men so very uncomfortable.

This is an honest question, and honest answers would be appreciated. If you don't feel comfortable stating that you don't find women equal, you can just PM me. I won't get upset, nor will I tell anyone. I am just, as of late, really starting to think that some men honestly do feel that women are inferior creatures. WTS society aside, okay? Unless the WTS concept of submission has truly impacted your views, of course. I would really like to know what you gentlemen truly think. And screw political correctness.

Rosemarie

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I am just, as of late, really starting to think that some women honestly do feel that men are inferior creatures.

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

Well now, you know, all of us who do genuinely feel that women are equal are going to be accused of being kiss-ups... ;) j/k

I've worked for female bosses. I've had female professors; I had no problem with either. I had no problem taking advice or counsel from a sister when I was a loyal dub; there were several sisters in our cong whom I definitely respected more than most of the elders.

On an emotional level, however... I dunno... I do believe, intellectually, that women are equal. But I was raised in a household where my father was definitely dominant; not that he was in any way violent--either physically or verbally--but he was definitely the one in charge, and he could sometimes be condescending and/or controlling with my mother. So I don't doubt that this has affected my mental archetypes to some degree.

• ballistic
    ballistic

I work in an IT department in the banking sector, the IT sector which is still predominantly male and the banking sector which is (unlike 100 years ago) predominantly female. While I don't think men and women are the same, I feel they should be equal. However I have some problems, I'll give you an example.

I held a door open at work for a lady, and she walked through and as I held the door slightly longer than I would have done for a man, in a gentlemanly fashion, she tutted and looked skywards in an offended, and certainly offensive manner. What she was telling me was, "look, I am equal to you, don't look down your nose at me or give me any special treatment."

This is not a one off occurrance, but the attitude I find generally displayed by the many women in my company who kinda "over-compensate" for trying to be dominant females in a male environment, often by being downright "bitchy". Not every-woman of course, but I guess it depends on the culture of the country where you are reading this and if you work in a highly competitive sector where "how much balls you've got" really matters.

I actually like independant business type women. (any offers?) But I don't see why they can't compete with men on their own terms and accept niceties, not because it's an out-dated tradition but because some people are just trying to be nice.

• be wise
    be wise

I think women can definately have men twisted arounded their little fingers, whenever they want - if this is something they realise!

Do I view women as equals? I think men and women are too different to be labelled equals. There are women that are stronger than men - phyically and mentally and men that are stronger than women in the same area's. I think if you have a problem with women having authority then you are just plain insecure. There would be some women that would do a poor job in authority just as much so as some men would be as well and vice versa. It depends on the individual I think!

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Be wise...you are...

Ballistic--It happens so rarely that a man opens a door for a woman now that I think your female coworker was caught off guard by your nice gesture. Really, it happens so little, that when it does, I am suspicious. Honest.

When it does happen I smile graciously and say "thank you." I do mean it.

As for working with men in an IT environment, let me tell you, they did not want me there. They did especially not want me telling me, a woman, anything. I was not in charge. I was not telling them to do anything. I researched components for Lucent Tech and broke the data down, handed it to a data entry person and they typed it into a computer. The IT guys then had it at their finger tips for all their designing, etc.

However, when the part # was bad or the part was non-exsistent, according to the supplier, the male IT guys wanted me to lie and make one up. Just bend the figures and the numbers to make it work for my application. I know it will. When I wouldn't they got nasty.

I believe we are separate but equal. I should be paid the same for the same job. I should be considered for a promotion if I have the same qualifications and background. Too bad I won't see that in my lifetime.

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

I have a great deal of respect for most woman. No man could tolerate the pain of childbirth (obviously men can't--wrong quipment). Woman put up with a lot of problems associated with the male ego.

As far as work goes, and just about everything else, woman are equal to men and should have the same chances and opportunity that men do. I have even seen some woman that could hold their own in any physical match or endeavor with a man. And many woman can protect themselves with the use of an EQUAL force and wipe the floor with some of the "mocho" bullies. Quite funny to watch a 250 pound guy get his butt kicked by a 115 pound beauty.

I have got to admit, I thank God for women. I love them, all of them or as many as I could. My wife made me write this last statement: I'm married now and those days are over.

• seedy3
    seedy3

Mentally I feel women are as capable of doing any job equal to men and should be compensated equally. In the area of Strength, women are not usually as strong, but they do have an advantage over men in that women on average are more agile them men, so in a sence it balances out.

There was a study that was done, I forget where, but they went through all the strengths and weaknesses of each sex and it was astonishing to see what they found. In the area of achedemics women were on average higher skilled in some areas and men in others. Physically men were know to be stronger with brut strength, but women were more flexable and agile. I forget what all was stated, but the idea that men and women are not equal is a fallicy that has been handed down for centuries from a religous stand point so men with their brut can rule.

Seedy

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

welllllllll heres my opinion....... i have worked for women......... that i hated and worked for woment that i liked....... also did the same with men. its all about the attitude...... and do i consider women inferior.......... hell no but you get back to the same thing. not all people are equal mentally and physically. everyone has there talents. i prefer women more intelligent than me and there fortunately are plenty of them out there lol. i actually do good when working with women but i find that most of the ones i end up working under (hehehehehe no pun intended) are bitchy and a pain in the ass simply because they gottta be that way cause some men cant allow there pride to be squished by working with a woman boss. so i must say you got entirely to many variences to make it an easy choice.... i have always had alot of respect for women even tho the society is all into only DICKS can lead and teach lol.

• badolputtytat
    badolputtytat

"I know women.... I married a 'women' ".... My wife is beautiful, sensual, and a loving mother. . . HOWEVER she is a corporate business woman person. She deals daily with a very stressfull, intensive job. I respect her as a woman... when we are out in one car, I open the door for her always. NOT because she is not capable... but because I love her.

MY opinion... women are to be respected as equals.... but I would not marry one if I thought women were the SAME.... If I wanted a quarter-back for a wife, I would have married Joe Montanna.

I am physically stronger than my wife... in that sense, we are NOT equal.

I could not put a 7.9 pound human being through any orafice in my body... in that sense, we are NOT equal.

But I believe some women can hold any position they choose.... just as some men can do so. NOT all MEN are equal either.

And this is the problem with politically correct statements and the American Constitution...

ALL MEN WERE NOT CREATED EQUAL.... I AM SORRY... IT DOES NOT SOUND P.C..... BUT IT IS TRUE.

--jmo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit