Judge Orders Jehovah's Witnesses to turn over Internal Documents re: Childhood Sexual Abuse

by AndersonsInfo 78 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• freddo
    freddo

(Matthew 23:23, 24) . . .“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because you give the tenth of the mint and the dill and the cumin, but you have disregarded the weightier matters of the Law, namely, justice and mercy and faithfulness. These things it was necessary to do, yet not to disregard the other things. 24 Blind guides, who strain out the gnat but gulp down the camel!

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad
    It is no surprise that WT is eager to settle as quick as possible.

But what does the Bible say about settling?

Proverbs 17:8 says: "A bribe is like a magic stone in the eyes of the on who gives it; wherever he (WT) turns he prospers."

Psalm 26:10 "In whose hands (WT) are evil devices, and whose right hands (WT) are full of bribes."

Isaiah 5:23 "Who acquit the guilty (WT) for a bribe, and deprive the innocent of his right!"

Proverbs 21:14 "A gift in secret averts anger, and a concealed bribe, strong wrath."

There is no doubt that in the eyes of God the WTBTS is a party to corruption!

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

You are correct on those counts, crow. And american law holds innocent until proven guilty and you cant circumvent the law to get a guilty verdict because you “know” its the right thing. Sometimes bad guys get away.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Canadian law is no different, Morph.

Innocent until proven guilty

https://www.canlii.org/en/sk/skqb/doc/2005/2005skqb165/2005skqb165.html

• Doubter
    Doubter

I do not think you all are necessarily disagreeing. Watchtower gets what they wanted, the database remains closed and the case out of the media, and the plantiff(s) get their dough.

Not totally thrilled about that, but it is what it is.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I think this is going to be the way of many cases. Asking for all information related to their client from the WT corporation.

This spells financial ruin, I'm sure if the WT corporation decides to destroy all records in the future criminal charges will follow.

The records or lack of records the WT corporation keep on judicial meeting is going to bite them in the ass big time, also the lack of legal representation allowed the accused during their secret kangaroo court proceedings, give them a serious black eye legally as to the evil nature of such tribunals.

• AbusedandPissed
    AbusedandPissed

It is actually not against the law in most cases to assist the police with an investigation. You cannot actively obstruct an investigation but it is not illegal to just not engage in it.

• Dagney
    Dagney

I looked up the location and it's about 2 hours away from where my brother "serves" as a COBE. He made a point a few years ago that he didn't agree with the handling of the pedophile issue within the congregations. I didn't bite, because I wasn't sure if he was testing me or he was being honest.

As the area elders have their powwow's over this, I'm wondering how he will sort it out. We were in communication a few times a year, but lately it seems I am on the outs again. Whatever, lol.

• JaniceA
    JaniceA

My husband was sued civilly about 15 years ago. The lawsuit accused him of dishonesty in his business dealings. He had full coverage insurance for both the business and personal legal coverage. He fought it in court for 6+ years because his good name mattered. The complainant wanted a settlement. Years later it finally went before a judge and was quickly dismissed because it was clearly a nuisance suit. Point is if a small business person can afford to fight for their good name against a major property owner and developer, then a billion dollar company should be able to defend themselves if actually innocent.

Big IF.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit