Judge Orders Jehovah's Witnesses to turn over Internal Documents re: Childhood Sexual Abuse

by AndersonsInfo 78 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather
    I don't have the link but in one case it was like $4,000 every day they didn't produce the documents. Months later they were still in contempt of court.

And that case got settled out of court for an undisclosed sum.

• baldeagle
    baldeagle

No wonder the GB members appear more stressed and tired lately. They’re constantly under attack from all levels.

I’m still waiting for that watershed event that will finally expose this religion’s harmful policies for all to see.

Thank you Barbara for posting this.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

"I do not answer to Watchtower".

G.

• KiddingMe
    KiddingMe

Thanks Barbara for posting.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Thanks Barbara for keeping us up to date.

The clergy-penitent privilege......hmmmm maybe the Court should put a few Elder's wives on the stand to make sure that the clergy-penitent privilege was not violated as they swear an oath on their NWT Bible that her and her husband never discussed the situation.

If she lies about it she and hubby will be toast.

• gone for good
    gone for good

Thanks to Barbara.

What does NPR stand for? - thanks

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

NPR = Nix, Patterson, & Roach.

https://nixlaw.com

Has no legal-eagle or prosecution witness ever told a court that JW's cannot possibly exercise or claim clergy-penitent privilege, due to the fact that a JW's confession is automatically relayed to several other elders - and invariably to some of their wives & friends?

Time to bust this JW myth.

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

NPR stands for the law firm, Nix Patterson & Roach LLP

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I haveta say, I think this has gotta be one of the best ways to tap 'em dry I've ever heard of (along with subpoenas for GB members).

Establishing a continuous pattern of legal noncooperation with the "superior authorities" (in direct violation of "Biblical" commands, no less)... how can it not work in the XJW community's favor?

I firmly believe that a hundred hungry little piranhas can f**k up your shit way worse than one big shark.

• lastmanstanding
    lastmanstanding

The Watchtower doesn’t have any clergy....

The Watchtower doesn’t have any prophets either...

The Watchtower is “profit-like”...

I guess the elders are “clergy-like”...

And they are not at all honest, perhaps they are “honest-like”...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit