The Idiocy of the Universal Sovreignty Issue

by Black Man 63 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Black Man
    Black Man

Greven: You pose a good question. We've always been taught that the issue will be settled and that Satan will have been the only person to formally raise that issue. But what will stop someone else from raising it? The whole thing is one dumb-cruel joke. It really does wonder for your self-esteem knowing you're just the pawn of a bet.

Saint Satan: Well said.

Noumenon: I dig your sincerity, but the point is, the premise of the whole issue is not based on logic. I always figured that once the "new scrolls" that the WTS is always talkin' about would be revealed, then we would get a credible answer to the whole thing. I don't question whether God exists, but I do question the validity of the sovreignty theology. I don't crave independence from God, I crave to understand him/her. If any other parent did what God did, they would get the book thrown at them by a court of law and deemed an unworthy parent. If God really cares about mankind so deeply, it sure isn't evident in the way in which the sovreignty issue was handled. I think peeps have gone along with the whole thing because someone decided to declare it was right.

The Bible hasn't given a SATISFACTORY answer to that. My question is: where is the answer buried?

Happyout: I so needed to hear you say that. Good points!

run dont walk: That's the thing that always bugged me. Satan and the demons seem to be the ones who get something out of this. At least they make it to the PARADISE, while most everyone else gets deep-sixed at Armageddon. And another thing is why does Satan get get shown so much respect by getting the chance to RAISE ISSUES? If I wanted to raise a sovreignty issue, God wouldn't give a f**k?

Mr Kim: yeah....the vibes are alive.

Funky Derek: The "Trading Places" analogy is on-point as are your comments. There is major doubt cast on the bible's validity by this demented bedtime story. I thought the whole Job story was disturbing. Job did nothing to deserve that treatment, and its always been explained away by saying that God rewarded him with more riches and a new set of kids, but again why go through that, and was there really solace in the fact that Job got a new set of kids. Wouldn't he have missed his original offspring that got killed? There's so much NON-SENSICAL thinking in those nursery rhymes that it's giving me a headache thinking about it.

"Rational thought has begun to replace primitive superstition" - I dig that quote Derek.

Religions always explain away that things are beyond our understanding because God's thoughts are higher than ours, but if we're made in his image, his decisions should reflect some type of reasonable logic and that whole sovreignty issue is far from it.

Berylblue: Interesting thoughts. And your illustration really hits the point home.

Thunder Rider: This is what's always bothered me. Why cater to the whims of Satan just because he had an attitude problem. There certainly seems to be an ego-problem going on with God and Satan. And you raise a good point: "How can you love someone and allow them to suffer for your good name." Excellent point.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Giving birth is often described as most the pain felt, and then some, but what is the pain after giving birth ?

• OICU8it2
    OICU8it2

• It's all about free will, and why we should do things God's way, or just our way. It gets to the core of what life's meaning is all about. Just why does God (assuming you really believe in him!) allow wickedness to exist God gives you instincts and then chastises you for following them. It almost appears he's not involved anymore. Yet he says a sparrow doesn't fall but that he is aware of it. Makes me feel so small.
  • Noumenon
    Noumenon

Amazing! Look at all the lurking God and bible haters my comments brought out of the woodwork.

Yahweh is so evil, he lets people die and doesn't help us, he is so selfish, he kills women and children, how dare him not set that brat Satan right when we think he should have, the bible contradicts itself, blah blah....oh spare me.

Stop portraying your petty warped moral judgements onto the creator of the universe himself!!!

It's amazing how many on this forum have absolutely no faith in God or the Bible at all, and are just out to condemn and criticise any expression of traditional christianity at all. I'd wager that more than half of contributors to this site, and 90% on this thread, have never been JW's or actively associated with them at all. If they were ex-JW's, then talk about returning to the vomit.

If you've so lost faith in God and anything spiritual, then do something drastic to snap your little black hearts out it. I suggest you get into the darkest occult, learn hypnotism, learn black magic chants and symbols, go to a seance and invite the demons into your life, buy a ouija board and watch the dial move. You'll soon realise to your horror that there is a spirit world, and you'll soon be looking to God again for help. Go on I dare you all, take a trip on the dark side, you know you are just on the border of it anyway. Or are u too chicken! I bet you are. Just content to remain in your smug little deluded world of having written off Jehovah, his Christ, and his inspired word > then do so at your peril.

I know what I believe. Good luck to the rest of the closet atheists and God haters on this thread...you're gonna need all the luck you can get.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

lol @ Noumenon. Like Satan will bother anyone who doesn't believe in him.

Here is my 10 year old daughter's take on the Universal Sovreignty Issue:

About: God and Satan

Satan drives an old Ford truck

God lives in an apt. and reads under the covers with a flashlight.

Satan bought his truck at Smaah Packs Five Star Ford

God reads under the covers with a flashlight because his guardian helper type men won't let him stay up late because they are overprotecting(as far as God thinks) and don't want him to take advantage of his Godliness. I personally would do the same. He's a big baby.

Satan is not jealous of God at all because God can't drive and he can.

God is multi-colored with envy of Satan because his guardian helper type men let him do whatever he wants. God just wants to think that Satan is jealous of him even though God knows he isn't.

Satan wants the phrase, "God knows" to be changed to "Satan knows".

God knows and decides to think that just because Satan wants a phrase change, he's as multi-colored with envy as God himself is.

Satan is good friends with Smaah Packs and has had him sign many contracts so that he can't sell one car to God. But he only considers it a small prank compared to what he could do.

God has tried time and time again to get a car at Smaah Packs Five Star Ford, and after the 38th try, he's just starting to think that Satan has a bit part in his mishaps with Smaah Packs.

Satan knows he's the center of the universe.

God thinks he's the center of the universe.

Satan makes daily visits to God's nook and leaves whoopie cushions in every chair before he leaves.

God sits down soon after Satan leaves and takes Gas-X because it beats the bloat - fast.

Satan overall has everything in control.

God's guardian helper type men overall have everything in control.

Satan buys Glad drawstring trash bags and they never break.

God buys those bargain bags and they always break.

Satan finally comes over to God's nook and starts a fight.

God wins by a single cheerleader kick.

Satan gets mad and decides to pick on God's dad, named Dog.

God knows.

The End

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Nou,

Whats amazing is that there appears to be only two alternatives, either except YHWH as god or become a devil worshiper.

****If you've so lost faith in God and anything spiritual, then do something drastic to snap your little black hearts out it. I suggest you get into the darkest occult, learn hypnotism, learn black magic chants and symbols, go to a seance and invite the demons into your life, buy a ouija board and watch the dial move.****

I suppose that Islamic childern are inculcated with very similar indoctrination, you just revealed. Either believe in Allah or suffer the consequences of your evil hearts. Thus an entire nation of christians btw, can be easily viewed as 'the Great Satan'. Of course when the 'true believer' straps on the dynamite and enters the bus full of innocents, he is chanting similar thoughts to himself "black hearts", "demons", "black magic", all expressions that move the 'faithful' follower of the Great God Allah to destroy the wretched infadels. Yeah you go Nou.

Maybe you don't see yourself in the above senario, but we clearly do Nou.

Religious fanatics have utilized the same type of rhetoric for centuries now. You have no corner on passing quick judgement. It is and will remain the trademark of self deluded, self righteous, believers.

Just listen to yourself. Very sad to have such a God that allows his follwers to carry so much hate and vile.

Danny

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

My biggest problem with this whole deal is that the JW position is that God HAS TO PROVE something to Satan. This makes God seem pretty petty to me. No, God's not trying to prove anything to anyone.

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Yeru,

****God HAS TO PROVE something to Satan.****

Even us teeny weeeny humans understand the concept of 'survival of the fittest'.

The God who designed the atom and all it particles, who organized the heavens, who by his works display's a sense of humor, confirmed by gazing at some of the natural wonder's of animal/plant life. The God who reveals himself in such a manner surely would not create the inviroment, or allow, his very creations to dictate his response or mandate any kind of reaction.

Man has done this to God from the begining of recorded history. Men really believe that they can tell God to prove he is bigger and badder..........as you intimate Yeru........God don't have to prove a damn thing.

Danny

• City Fan
    City Fan

Nou says:

If you've so lost faith in God and anything spiritual

Why should a lack of belief in yahweh of the old testament equate with a lack of spirituality.

Spirituality is all about making yourself a better person. For Christians this may be by prayer and trying to apply some of Jesus' words in the gospels. For Buddhists there is meditation and many holy writings. For Hindus there is Yoga, Ayurveda and the Tirukaral and other writings. For Taoists there are the slow movements of Chi Gung, the Ba Duan Jin and the verses in the Tao Te Ching.

And the list goes on. Any of the above is a form of spirituality especially if it turns you into a better person.

For me too many so-called Christians that I've met (and I mean most JWs) are too busy trying to save themselves to actually become truly spiritual. The point I am trying to make when I post about contradictions in the bible is that reliance on doctrine is pointless. The bible can be interpreted any number of ways as can other holy writings. As an example look at all the different arguments surrounding the verses 'The father is greater than I am' and 'I and the father are one'.

The bible only has value when the good principles in it are applied. And the bible has good principles in it such as the fruitage of the spirit (Gal 5:22-23) but so do other holy writings. But the bible does have many errors and contradictions in it so should not be relied on as the only path to truth but simply a part of the picture. I choose not to believe in the yahweh of the old testament simply because this teaches fear rather than spirituality.

This does not mean I do not believe in God. I can neither prove he exists or disprove he exists. But you cannot say that a non belief in the old testament yahweh means a lack of spirituality.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    Amazing! Look at all the lurking God and bible haters my comments brought out of the woodwork.

Lurking? Who's lurking? I've been here for two years and have posted here over 1500 times. In fact, you'll find that everybody who responded to your tirade has been here longer and posted more than you. Nobody came "out of the woodwork" for you.

Yahweh is so evil, he lets people die and doesn't help us, he is so selfish, he kills women and children, how dare him not set that brat Satan right when we think he should have, the bible contradicts itself, blah blah....oh spare me.

Don't you think they're valid points? If the god described in the Bible is just a primitive tyrant then it casts serious doubts on the claims of his followers that he is a loving god. Try to imagine what you might think reading the Bible if you hadn't already decided that everything YHWH does is good, simply by virtue of him doing it? Would you not be shocked at his bloodthirsty and arbitrary behaviour? Now you may have an explanation for it, but "how dare you question god" just won't cut it with thinking people.

Stop portraying your petty warped moral judgements onto the creator of the universe himself!!!

You didn't answer my question about Quetzalcoatl. If you were an Aztec and objected to human sacrifices as immoral and utterly repugnant, would you be satisfied if someone told you to "Stop portraying your petty warped moral judgements onto the creator of the universe himself"?

It's amazing how many on this forum have absolutely no faith in God or the Bible at all, and are just out to condemn and criticise any expression of traditional christianity at all. I'd wager that more than half of contributors to this site, and 90% on this thread, have never been JW's or actively associated with them at all.

I'll take that bet. Talk about easy money. I mean, what the hell do you think we're all doing here?

If they were ex-JW's, then talk about returning to the vomit.

You can talk about it all you like. You'll find very few ex-JWs - especially the informed ones - who are willing to return to the Watchtower vomit.

If you've so lost faith in God and anything spiritual, then do something drastic to snap your little black hearts out it. I suggest you get into the darkest occult, learn hypnotism, learn black magic chants and symbols, go to a seance and invite the demons into your life, buy a ouija board and watch the dial move. You'll soon realise to your horror that there is a spirit world, and you'll soon be looking to God again for help. Go on I dare you all, take a trip on the dark side, you know you are just on the border of it anyway. Or are u too chicken! I bet you are. Just content to remain in your smug little deluded world of having written off Jehovah, his Christ, and his inspired word > then do so at your peril.

Did it ever occur to you that many people here completely reject your mythology? We no longer believe in YHWH or the associated angels and demons. Can you not understand that your devil means no more to us than your god?

I know what I believe.

Good. Then I suggest you wipe those flecks of foam from the corner of your mouth and defend it using rational argument, or shut the hell up!

Good luck to the rest of the closet atheists and God haters on this thread...you're gonna need all the luck you can get.

I'm no closet atheist. I'm out! I don't believe in gods. That includes YHWH, Zeus, Odin and Quetzalcoatl. I don't really hate them because they don't exist. I do, however, hate the atrocities that have been perpetrated by their followers, especially YHWH.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit