The Idiocy of the Universal Sovreignty Issue

by Black Man 63 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

black man this is the most intriging post I have read and it raises a really simplistic ?

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

I never understood why God gave Satan a chance to prove himself personally, should have just taken him out on the spot. And the rationalization that others might think he is right...wipe them out too. An eternal god that knows he is right and has unlimited time and resources, why did he create beings that could doubt him? Either make them perfectly obedient or smart enough to know you're right. The problem is that he didn't make them perfectly obedient and he made them just smart enough to realize how flawed his soverignty is.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I forgot who posted this statement(sorry) "Satan and the demons seem to be the ones who get something out of this. At least they make it to the PARADISE, while most everyone else gets deep-sixed at Armageddon. And another thing is why does Satan get get shown so much respect by getting the chance to RAISE ISSUES? If I wanted to raise a sovreignty issue, God wouldn't give a f**k? " This intrigues me because we cant disagree with an elder or say something even remotely disparaging of them and yet satan is not only allowed to challenge god but keep it going for millenia. How many on this board has ask the BOE a legitiment ? regarding an organazational flaw and been branded a apostate or trouble maker.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Hell the WTS put the screws to a web site that merely published info that they had already put out.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

End of an era bump

• Black Man
    Black Man

up.........

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Of course Gen 11:6 rules out any fairness in the issue of universal sovreignty.

“Jehovah said Look! They are one people and there is one language for them all, and this is what they start to do. Why, now there is nothing that they may have in mind to do that will be unattainable for them." (Genesis 11:6)

This is taken from the account of the tower of babel. If god is so sure of himself why did he fear them uniting together. Of course after this he confused the languages so that they no longer spoke one language and could be united for one goal. You can argue that from this divine intervention on gods part, springs all of the hatred, strife and mis-trust that has plagued mankind. and why? Because with mankind united under one language god felt "now there is nothing that they may have in mind to do that will be unattainable for them."

Of course the whole issue of the universal sovereignty comes into question. The WT article maintains that god has left man to his own devices as to how to rule himself. But, by god confusing their languages this put an unfair handicap on their efforts, right when it seems they were making progress.

• blondie
    blondie

This is one of those doctrines that gives the appearance of being in the bible but on close scrutiny it is merely and set of suppositions by the WTS, like the Michael = Jesus one.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    Don't you think they're valid points? If the god described in the Bible is just a primitive tyrant then it casts serious doubts on the claims of his followers that he is a loving god.

No. I don't, anyway. I don't think the God described in the Bible is a primitve tyrant, I think it served the interests of some people to describe God that way. I don't think the Bible accurately reflect God so much as it accurately reflects certain people's notion of God and assumptions about God.

But then, the Old Testament is the source of the vast majority of the "serious doubts" raised. Using the perceptions of nomadic tribesmen to judge whether there is a God or what sort of God there might be seems peculiarly invalid. I seriously doubt whether that would be a method likely to result in an accurate analysis of the issue.

• Jringe01
    Jringe01
    “Jehovah said Look! They are one people and there is one language for them all, and this is what they start to do. Why, now there is nothing that they may have in mind to do that will be unattainable for them." (Genesis 11:6)

This is a striking scripture. Think about that statement "Why, now there is nothing that they may have in mind to do that will be unattainable for them"

If "Jehovah" is truely all powerful, if he really did create all things then why make a statement like that? What was he thinking that we could attain? What did he not want us to see/know?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit