The Idiocy of the Universal Sovreignty Issue

by Black Man 63 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Black Man
    Black Man

upping this..................

• Francois
    Francois

You bet your ass it's unnecessary. And it makes no sense because it's ALL MADE UP to try to make sense out of nonsense. There's really no such thing as:

Original Sin
    Atonement
    Propitiatory Sacrifice

or any of that other bullshit that would make of the living God a frickin JOKE.

God's Sovreignty has NEVER been at issue, NEVER. The time lapse of mercey is characteristic of God in that he fully allows the erring one, in this case Satan, the fullness of time in which to recant his error, turn around, and once again join the brotherhood of the sons of God. Looks like the time lapse of mercy in Satan's behalf has not worked, and that soon the judgement of justice will overtake Satan.

And because we have been made to suffer because of the wrong doing of our cosmic superiors, I suspect there is to be a large payoff to we who have suffered. I don't know what, but I expect it to be LARGE.

Now, all that I can understand. But the prattling of six senile octogenarians in Brooklyn, I cannot understand. I can understand that because of the destruction they have wrought in human families, that the living God is going to kick some GB butt, I can understand that IN FULL. And I want to see all of it.

francois

• Black Man
    Black Man

Great comments in this thread. This goes up!

• proplog2
    proplog2

Noumenon:

I have been a JW for over 50 years (Third Generation) I have raised my kids JW's. I still give talks on the ministry school and report service. Because of my low political skills I have been spared the misery of being an ELDER. You will find that I defend JW's and their adherence to the Bible. And I criticize the mean spirited and unfounded accusations against JWs.

However, I can't defend the Bible itself as a book inspired by God. And neither can you. The picture of Jehovah as portrayed in the Hebrew scriptures is totally unacceptable. He asks people to carry out ethnic cleansing - Amorites. He acts stupid sometimes and needs Moses to get him out of a destructive mood. He asks the Israelites to carry out occult rituals with dead birds and animals to work magic against mold growing in houses. He asks his son to die for humans to fullfil HIS justice. If he's God why can't he just forgive without demanding that his son die. You mean the supreme judge can't waive his own rules?

If I were an Israelite and Jehovah asked me to kill someone - I would tell him to do it himself.

You had better go right now. This is no place for you if you want to keep your faith. I have seen too many try to blaze a trail through this forum who are now regular ridiculers of the Bible, JW's, and religion in general.

• Black Man
    Black Man

Proplog2:

Lots of food for thought in your statement. I'll have to come back once I think on it some.

• Black Man
    Black Man

Propolog said:

"However, I can't defend the Bible itself as a book inspired by God. And neither can you. The picture of Jehovah as portrayed in the Hebrew scriptures is totally unacceptable. He asks people to carry out ethnic cleansing - Amorites. He acts stupid sometimes and needs Moses to get him out of a destructive mood. He asks the Israelites to carry out occult rituals with dead birds and animals to work magic against mold growing in houses. He asks his son to die for humans to fullfil HIS justice. If he's God why can't he just forgive without demanding that his son die. You mean the supreme judge can't waive his own rules?"

This is at the root of why I can't understand God. The God of the Hebrew scriptures completely contradicts anything related to logic and reason AND contradicts how God is portrayed in the Greek Scriptures. The ransom is pointed to as THE integral teaching in the bible, but I think it is/was completely unnecessary. I can't reconcile the blatant contradictions.

• skiz
    skiz

Proplog2

Noumenon:

I have been a JW for over 50 years (Third Generation) I have raised my kids JW's. I still give talks on the ministry school and report service. Because of my low political skills I have been spared the misery of being an ELDER. You will find that I defend JW's and their adherence to the Bible. And I criticize the mean spirited and unfounded accusations against JWs.

However, I can't defend the Bible itself as a book inspired by God. And neither can you. The picture of Jehovah as portrayed in the Hebrew scriptures is totally unacceptable. He asks people to carry out ethnic cleansing - Amorites. He acts stupid sometimes and needs Moses to get him out of a destructive mood. He asks the Israelites to carry out occult rituals with dead birds and animals to work magic against mold growing in houses. He asks his son to die for humans to fullfil HIS justice. If he's God why can't he just forgive without demanding that his son die. You mean the supreme judge can't waive his own rules?

If I were an Israelite and Jehovah asked me to kill someone - I would tell him to do it himself.

Could you tell us what drives you to continue in a religion that goes so contrary to your beliefs ?

This religion is one of the least tolerant and if your feelings would become known you would suffer severly
    Why does being involved with this denomination, interest you ?

David

• Black Man
    Black Man

up.......................

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

The quintessential challenge of the universe is: The RIGHTFULNESS of God's sovereignty.His perogative to be the boss.

I have crunched tens of thousands of hours of mental/spiritual agony and anguish trying to resolve this issue in my heart.

Why didn't the almighty god just cancel the debt from the get-go and destroy Satan?

• Black Man
    Black Man

And that in a nutshell is the quandry that is the universal sovreignty issue.........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit