The Watchtower's Real Crisis

by JeffT 74 Replies latest jw friends

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Lol i knew slim wouldnt miss this oportunity to beat the doom and gloom drum

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Wow are you still a collapse denier? How much evidence will it take? They could sure use you on the (newly amalgamated for cost reasons) service/writing/teaching/propaganda committee at Watchtower. Comical Ali eat you heart out.

Like I said above, it's intriguing that some former JWs seem to share with Watchtower's staunchest defenders an unshakable belief in the organisation's invincibility - despite all evidence to the contrary.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

While I am confident it is more about money, there sure is a huge consideration that they don't know what to say anymore. As crazy as some of the Fred Franz stuff was, it certainly was baffling enough to dazzle everyone.

But they have no talent for contradicting their old doctrine with something that seems like a "brlghter light" understanding.

I think they have some ideas on the shelf about tying Armageddon to the 120 years thing like the days of Noah and shooting for 2034 as a highly speculative date. I think they have considered how to drop 1914, maybe even going with the 20 years error that so many have tried to teach them about that. But they loaded the Governing Body with a bunch of "Yes" men for Ted Jaracz and his crew that aren't really clever enough to make the changes.

I think that over the last 20 years or so, they have occasionally hinted at such things in meetings and gauged the reactions of members and members didn't like it. They then waited too long, got too much locked into their old beliefs.

They probably thought they should just keep "tweaking" the doctrines and selling literature and didn't have the sense to see the slow death of printing. Really, there may not be much of any way to dig out of their hole. Members have been so hitched to the printing corporation that they won't really contribute more money to a streamlined organization.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Rotflmao! Ok that was funny..... β€œthe wt is not not collapsing. Satan is on the run. We are expanding by leaps and bounds. β€œ πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

laughing aside, i have no belief in the orgs invinciblity. I have 100 years of evidence that cults survive and there are always gullible people who want to be lied too...

you see an org changing with the times and assume, because you wish it, that they are falling apart. But we dont need to do this again... we both know where we stand, i was just waiting for you to jump on the non happenings of the day and frame them for your narative.

• steve2
    steve2

I agree with Morpheus - cults survive because people need them. A lot of what jw org is doing is streamlining and cost-cutting. It will survive - just not as the powerhouse of growth it once was in the west.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Mark my words and this post:

they will tithe. The members will eat it up.

The women i talked to today were HAPPY about the decline of mags to read and deal with. They LIKE jw tv because its easy and spoon fed. This is not negative for the org at all. The only people who see it as negative are those that are already gone.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Cessation of yearbooks is not a "non-happening", it shows an organisation in serious trouble.

Seriously I do wonder, how much evidence would it take to convince you?

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Slim,

the cesation yearbook printing is a non issue. As one jw said today β€œwe get the experiances on jw tv and thats more interesting anyway”. Nobody cares. Apostates like the yearbook to comb stats.. average jw’s couldnt give a damn. They already dont read it. I never read it. A very select few read it. It was boring. Its a total nonissue for jws.

• moreconfusedthanever
    moreconfusedthanever

The fact is that the ones inside see all these changes as proof that Jehovah is looking after them.

Less books etc - excellent because we are so busy making ends meet at this time of the end, it is hard to keep up with all the reading not to mention how much room the books and mags take up at home.

Cart witnessing - loving provision for those who can't manage the walking anymore.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

SLIMBOYFAT & MORPHEUS:

I am inclined to believe you both and I wonder if the happy medium is that the religion will just shrivel to a smaller group.

There are too many people who need to belong to something and I believe the lazy minded people there probably are glad they don't have to deal with magazines.

I would not be surprised if they are nervy and desperate enough to suggest personal tithing. I'd like to see how THAT goes over! There are people there too poor to part with anything...Even though some dopes will comply, some people will see this as the last straw and will head for the damn door laughing out loud like I would!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit