by expatbrit 207 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Aztec
    Aztec
    Isn't he the BESTEST??

Yes!

~Aztec

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Scully, that's a great quote! (thanks Alan!).

I'm a bit P.O'd that it didn't show up on my CD search under the word "investing" though. Or maybe I just missed it. After all, they wouldn't deliberately leave out search results that no longer conform to their modus operandi, would they?....lol

On a side note, a poster correctly mentioned that Philip Morris underwent a reorganization in 2002. In April they decided on a group name change to Altria. The 990 return above is from April 2002, before the name change went into effect. Just a point to remember.

Conceivably, a JW could offer a defence that they are not investing in a cigarette comapny because the Philip Morris Group has other brands i.e.. Kraft. This doesn't hold water though, because Kraft is traded on Wall Street under its own symbol (KFT). If they wanted to avoid the taint of cigarettes, they could have just bought shares in Kraft. Instead, they have shares in a company overwhelmingly known for its tobacco products, which make up the vast majority of the overall group's brands and product. So, no slithering out on that one, methinks!

Expatbrit

p.s. Aztec, if you would like a copy of the whole 990 return to show your Mum, let me know, I can email it to you

• Dansk
    Dansk
    Isn't he the BESTEST??

Oh, I don't know

Dansk - of the mutual AlanF appreciation society!

• Scully
    Scully

expatbrit writes:

I'm a bit P.O'd that it didn't show up on my CD search under the word "investing" though. Or maybe I just missed it. After all, they wouldn't deliberately leave out search results that no longer conform to their modus operandi, would they?....lol

The CD ROM is a bit of a toad that way. I find it usually gives better results if you use the root word you're searching for. "Invest" instead of "investing", for example.

Love, Scully

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Scully:

Let me just go and try that with "bastards".

Expatbrit

• Scully
    Scully

expatbrit

You'd best leave off the plural "s", then.

Love, Scully

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Shameless bump!

Expatbrit

• Aztec
    Aztec
    Aztec, if you would like a copy of the whole 990 return to show your Mum, let me know, I can email it to you

[email protected]

Thanks!

~Aztec

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Wow!!!! Great work guys!!!!

hawk

• DJ
    DJ

Nothing surprises me anymore.......thanks for the post. Very well done.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit