Newspaper reports: Dutch government will initiate inquiry into child abuse within JW community

by Anders Andersen 85 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Doubter
    Doubter

Lol

• Sanchy
    Sanchy
    It’s clearly evident that RV has made up their own version of JW policies and are knocking down their own strawhouse

No, it is NOT "clearly evident" that Rv has made up their own version of JW policies. Did you even read Ander's comments?

And you’ve made it aboundantly clear that this whole fisaco is really about RVs subjective interpretation of JW policies.

"Abundantly clear"?? Did you take writing lessons from Watchtower? None of what Anders said about RV shows it having a "subjective interpretation of JW policies". Watchower policies on child abuse are readily available for any who want to look for it.

Since JWs disagree with RV and are the drafters of their own policies, they actually ARE the final authority on its application, intent, and interpretation

So what? The application, intent and interpretation of previous and current JW policy on child abuse have been shown to be lacking and inadequate in safeguarding JW children from child abusers

The Catholic Church just had almost 400 priests, a Cardlnal, and Bishop just in Washington, Philly, Chile and Australia alone resign because they were pedophiles. We are not talking lay people here — this is leadership and high ranking leadership.
    That’s impunity. Find me 400 circuit overseers or elders in the entire history of Jws that were serial pedophiles.

Just over a decade ago you could not find even 100 catholic priests charged for being serial pedophiles. What changed? Public scrutiny broke through cover-ups and barriers set up by the religion's leadership and shed light on what was actually happening. In the case of JWs, public scrutiny is revealing of the extent of the problem, and not only in numbers of abusers, but in the way the religion handled accusations it was aware of among it's ranks.

You've got nothing Doubter. Why don't you go write an Opposers Dismythed article

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Doubter: And there is this little tid-bit of info I forgot to mention. The Catholic Church just had almost 400 priests, a Cardlnal, and Bishop just in Washington, Philly, Chile and Australia alone resign because they were pedophiles. We are not talking lay people here — this is leadership and high ranking leadership.
    That’s impunity. Find me 400 circuit overseers or elders in the entire history of Jws that were serial pedophiles.
    Why do I mention them? Because they are the standard of abuse coverups. They are the mesuring stick.

And...here is a little tidbit back at you.

Your "mesuring" stick is broken.

I think your concept is good. Comparing the RC to JWs is valid. But, it would benefit you to go to school and learn a little it about how to use the tidbits that you pull out of your ass.

400 priests? From a membership of over 1.3 billion? And you actually think that finding 400 COs etc from a membership of about 8 million is a fair comparison? Where did you learn to do math?

Here is a tidbit back at you: if there are/were only THREE COs in the entire history of the JWs that are/were pedophiles, the magnitude would exceed that tidbit that you pulled out of your nether regions.

Learn how to do some math and then come back on here.

I bet you can defend the overlapping generation bullshit too

• Doubter
    Doubter

Cow, you missed my point. Note what I said:

”In the history of Jws”.

I was being more than fair to the Catholic Church. I simply used 400 priests from two locations (not the entire worldwide leadership of the Church) and compared that to the entire worldwide history of Jws.

So basically, you have 239 branch office areas, spanning 140 years with jws, compared with roughly 50 years, and an relative handful of Archdiocese, in only 2 locations with the Catholics.

So there are more pedo priests in Philly ALONE than there have ever been elders, Co’s Do’s in the 140 year world wide history of jws.

And still, the comparisons aren’t even close. So I understand why this upsets you.

• Doubter
    Doubter

Sanch,

Anders comments were clear and can be summed up as:

RV doesn’t agree with how jws execute their policies.

Thats fine. That’s their opinion. And that’s basically the gist of their position.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Find me 400 circuit overseers or elders in the entire history of Jws that were serial pedophiles.

I can find you a GB member who was.

As to elders, nearly every month on here someone posts a news report of paedo elders. Look at the numbers of Catholics ( billions) vs. JWs ( 8 million),too.

Besides...ever heard the expression 2 wrongs don't make a right? Sheesh!

• Sanchy
    Sanchy

Anders comments were clear and can be summed up as:

RV doesn’t agree with how jws execute their policies.

Thats fine. That’s their opinion. And that’s basically the gist of their position.

Anders comments were in response to your claim that RV should be held accountable for supposedly withholding their list of accusations from the authorities and you ignored all his arguments and deflected with a nonsensical rant about opinions and catholic comparisons.

BTW, its not that RV doesn't agree with how JWs execute their policies, it's that RV believes the policies are inadequate to begin with, and they has a list of victims that can testify to that point. Other investigations around the world have agreed with RV and it's what this inquiry would look into.

• Doubter
    Doubter

RV “believes”, as you just said. Just admit that they’re voicing their opinion(s). They are. And always have been.

Facts are not determined by popular opinion. RV can recruit a thousand people. In our civilized world, facts are determined by the court/legal system

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Doubter: So there are more pedo priests in Philly ALONE than there have ever been elders, Co’s Do’s in the 140 year world wide history of jws.

Lol!

You are so funny

And still, the comparisons aren’t even close. So I understand why this upsets you.

Lol! again...so humorous.

No, I am not upset. I am laughing

Especially when some stranger with poor math skills tries to assign feelings to me

Too fucking funny

And it isn't even Sunday morning yet

• nmthinker
    nmthinker

Doubter you are from your father the devil because you continue to lie and misrepresent reality

All the evidence, the TRUTH, was laid bare in the ARC. 1600 cases and not a SINGLE ONE was reported to the police.

If you think that Holland is any different than Australia, you're kidding yourself. We know that every branch in this Org takes their direction from MOTHER in New York headquarters.

From the ARC's final findings

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit