Newspaper reports: Dutch government will initiate inquiry into child abuse within JW community

by Anders Andersen 85 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Doubter
    Doubter

So as far as a “legitimate” request is concerned, it’s illegitimate to request an independent investigation based on the words of former members.

So the decline was justified. Now it’s on the government to prove their investigation is justified. I can imagine that this will come before a judge.

It should. I hope it will.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

it’s illegitimate to request an independent investigation based on the words of former members

Oh good, another loophole! Sorry Jesus, I didn't hear you when you spoke about that two mile thingy!

• Doubter
    Doubter
    That’s what courts are for, to close “loopholes”.
  • Sanchy
    Sanchy

oh, right. It was a request based on the words of former members, so it could never be legitimate. God forbid (pun intended) a "mentally diseased" apostate have any legitimacy. ....

• Doubter
    Doubter

Obviously, I mean that just because people say something is true, doesn’t make it true.

Reminds me — how many people said the earth was the center of the universe? Nearly all contemporary scientists? They had “proof” too; the Sun moved and the earth did not appear to be moving.

Again, facts ARE NOT determined by popular vote, nor by interpreting evidence based on your relative position.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Doubter: Obviously, I mean that just because people say something is true, doesn’t make it true.....
    Again, facts ARE NOT determined by popular vote, nor by interpreting evidence based on your relative position.

Haha! Yeah.

You are a typical JW.

Everybody else says "Hey! Look at that crow!" And you say..."It's a cow"

Cow, you missed my point..

Nah. I didn't miss your point. I am well aware of the difficulty you have in grasping simple concepts.

Mooooo!!!!!

• Sanchy
    Sanchy

Here were your exact words:

So as far as a “legitimate” request is concerned, it’s illegitimate to request an independent investigation based on the words of former members.

So, "obviously" you claim that because it comes from former members, it would be an illegitimate request on WT. In reality, this is the crux of the reason why you and WT leaders are so reluctant to give any credibility to RV. They are exJWs... to give them any credibility would be unthinkable.. Jehoober would never allow that.

Again, facts ARE NOT determined by popular vote.

A straw-man that adds nothing to your argument. Your obsession with only accepting "facts" from a "court of law" is strange and deflective. Before anything goes to court there needs to be an investigation. That's what we would have here.

• Sanchy
    Sanchy

Reminds me — how many people said the earth was the center of the universe? Nearly all contemporary scientists? They had “proof” too; the Sun moved and the earth did not appear to be moving.

Ironic coming from someone that still believes in biblical fairy tales.

• Doubter
    Doubter

Are non-ex jws reporting anything to RV? So who else are left?

Pay attention.

A straw man, is a misrepresentation of an argument, and a refutation of that misrepresentation.

You don’t know what the term means.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

By the way, who added that word "legitimate" to Jesus' words? He sure didn't say it. Are you now taking Watchtower words as gospel over what Jesus said?

In fact Jesus didn't specify what types of requests Christians should be willing to comply with, but the context speaks about turning the other cheek when being hit.

Is hitting someone illegitimate? Jesus wanted his followers to comply anyway.

Does the Bible specify anywhere what types of demands of requests from governments can be ignored?

Is 'illegitimate' part of the exemptions the Bible makes?

I'm not sure though if you really care about what the Bible says. After all you're on here all the time, associating and debating with apostates. Something table something demons?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit