The really cool feeling of community within JWs

by Phaedra 79 Replies latest jw experiences

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad
    NVR2L8, spot on!
  • lovesjehovah
    lovesjehovah

NVR2L8

for you to be sooo involved then suddenly drop out... why were you even there? They are not the caretakers of anybody's soul. You stated multiple times that they have reached out to you. The phone works both ways. You can't be mad that your pizza hasn't arrived if you never called in your order. I understand that you feel some type of way, but you are dragging them in the mud. You can go visit them, you can call them, you can do alot of things. Yet you have done nothing. And they have visited you and speak to you regularly through your wife. And you're mad because?

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    Frank Ward:
    Atheists can't possibly offer the same closeness and trust which Christianity offers.

What a crock of shit. What makes you an authority on atheists and their social lives? Athiest can be found in any and all social settings like any other person and you wouldn't know one if you saw one unless you're obsessed with them and ask every person you meet whether or not they happen to be one, which wouldn't surprise me.

Get a clue, you sound like a complete fool.

• sparky1
    sparky1

"they...........speak to you regularly through your wife." - lovesjehovah

That's not a personal conversation. It's a form of psychological 'triangulation'.

• Simon
    Simon
    The OP is just describing any social group. If you join any decent club that organizes events you'll experience the same camaraderie ... it doesn't make them "chosen ones" of course, just humans.
  • Landy
    Landy

What Simon has just said.

Motorcycle groups

Women's institute

etc, etc.

will all give a sense of 'belonging' if that's your thing.

• OneFingerSalute
    OneFingerSalute

JDubya's have a great sense of community. . .however the camaraderie that used to exist in some locations has all but ceased thanks to the insane, idiotic rules about gatherings subtly promoted over the last couple decades by the gibbering body.

Philippians 4: 8 has become one of the most unacknowledged, perhaps even reviled scriptures in the J Dubya arsenal of personal attacks and control. IMO.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Atheists can't possibly offer the same closeness and trust which Christianity offers.

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

this is hilarious. Brilliant.

Over my life some of the most selfless, honest, kind people I have known have been hard core atheists. Its sad you will never know what it is like to be around people that are just kind because its the right thing to do and not because some old book of stolen foundation myths and a desert god told you what to do. Really sad, the mere fact that you believe this nonsense you said shows how all religion causes people to dogmatically make assumptions and close off their mind from real knowledge. Thank you for making Christians continue to look like self righteous putz's

• talesin
    talesin

I remember that feeling, though it was long ago. We knew each other before we went to school, they are the only ones we were allowed to be friends with. And we shared that experience. I still miss going out to dinner with a group, and some of the funniest conversations. Oy, I was naive, and never did have much of a 'filter'.

I've had some great times in my life, and still do. But those are the only really fun memories of my youth (skating parties, the best). Sometimes, at this time of year, it would be good to have folks around that i grew up with, or went to uni with, known and trusted for many years. You know, like regular people. xx

Edit: After reading fmf's comment, I have to say, YES. I have not read the thread. Best thing I ever did was get involved in some activism, and organizing a festival. My atheist friends, LOL, dubbed me 'the antiChrist' , and had the best Xmases with them, and other times, drum parties on the beach, pot lucks ...... music and food and no judgment, and not heavy drinkers. Thinking atheists have poor values is ignorance, plain and simple. All hail Festivus! :P

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Lovesjah

If you love Jah so much why are you on an evil website. Go to the Kingdom Hall and tell the Elders what site you are on. Maybe then you will feel the "real love" of your organization. This is why most of us left, the hypocrisy is unbelievable!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit