Memorial Bread-Break a piece off or eat whole?

by TakeOffTheCrown 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Back in my childhood the Memorial was always conducted by this old bro. Of the remnant. He would read the scripture about Jesus breaking bread then break off a piece ,eat it slowly (seemed hard to get down before the wine came) and give the plates to the servers to bring round. We had two or three partakers then and there was a crack sound as they broke it.

More recently it has always been broken pieces on the plate. That is how it was the year I Conducted it.

the best part of taking a Memorial is that you get to keep the emblems.. We had a couple of friends round after and indulged in red wine, matzoh's and cheese!

• tiki
    tiki

My mothers father was "anointed"....she used to make the matzos...and break into individual pieces on the plates....one sip of the red...and one bad cracker piece....that was the serving.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Blondie,

VI, I don't know about the congregations you attended, but the various ones I attended, the unleavened bread was like hard cracker and had to be broken to get a piece to eat.

My apologies for the misunderstanding, I should have said crackers. I must have been thinking about the original Last Supper where it was referred to as bread.

• TakeOffTheCrown
    TakeOffTheCrown

Very interesting. In prior years, the whole cracker was served and just a piece of the cracker was broken off and eaten.

This current governing body, do they all follow the same procedure when they partake? I.e., break a piece off or eat the whole piece,

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

TakeOffTheCrown, I'm curious to know why you're interested in this.

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

In the 60s my family cleaned the "hall" If the memorial was near the weekend we as kids would find the wine and pass the bottle around.

Oh they were the good times.

• TakeOffTheCrown
    TakeOffTheCrown

Village idiot, I've heard things here and there about it

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

I had started a thread a few years ago on a similar topic (here).

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

By the way, a close friend confirms that they saw GB member William Jackson partake during Memorial Services years ago in the Ridgewood congregation on the border between Brooklyn and Queens. This was a congregation to which Bill Jackson was assigned, just as other Bethelites were assigned to other NYC congregations.

There were no supernatural events when Bill Jacksonpartook.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I just realize that what the memorial really needs is ajar of salmon caviar to provide the missing umami element.

"Come, follow me; I will make you fishers of caviar."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit