Memorial Bread-Break a piece off or eat whole?

by TakeOffTheCrown 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    Yes Blondie but we are talking about the JW Memorial, not the original Last Supper.
  • TakeOffTheCrown
    TakeOffTheCrown

Here is another question. Has anyone of you ever observe a governing body member partake of the emblems?

If so, did he take a piece from the plate and just pinch off a bit of it and eat it. Or, did he put the whole piece in his mouth without breaking it.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Has anyone of you ever observe a governing body member partake of the emblems?

That would have been a thrill.

• a watcher
    a watcher

I think the best way is to take a whole piece, pass the plate, then break a small piece off the whole piece and eat it, then wrap the remainder in a kleenex and put it in your pocket for disposal later.

• Simon
    Simon

I think you should get out some cheese spread and slowly cover it before munching it very loudly and shout-talking "it's so dry otherwise!" (with crackers and cheese flying out your mouth Ace Ventura style) before washing it down with the wine. Then hold the empty glass up and say "Cheers Jesus ... but I bet I can turn it back into water faster than you can!"

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

TakeOffTheCrown asked, "Nathan Natas - please, describe how you saw it being done. Was the bread always broken into pieces before being served?"

As I recall, the matzoh was left in one piece and when someone wanted to partake, they broke off a small piece (less than one inch square) and put it in their mouths, closed their mouths and ate it.

Nothing is worse than someone who chews with lip-smacking delight while the speaker is telling everyone why they are not worthy to partake, unless it is the person who brings their pet parrot to the affair. I never realized that parrots could partake. Who am I to judge them?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I wonder if Latin for the unleavened bread might be "Corpus Delectable"?

• waton
    waton
    never realized that parrots could partake. Who am I to judge them?

NN: there is a true story of a chicken or rooster in an open window style kh (there they are really wind-holes. ) snatching the bread from the plate, and proceeding to partake. it suffered capital punishment for the disrespect, and was eaten as a passover dinner.

Jws are ever ready to judge. going for the jugular

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Waton: DEE-lightful! [big smile]

• blondie
    blondie

VI, I don't know about the congregations you attended, but the various ones I attended, the unleavened bread was like hard cracker and had to be broken to get a piece to eat. Unless someone had really bad manners and chomped down on a big piece and put it back on the plate.

I found that in the congregations I attended, they did try to follow what was historical at the time regarding wine and the bread. Maybe they didn't in yours.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit