Mathematically Measuring Evolution.

by towerwatchman 205 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• towerwatchman
    towerwatchman

Cofty

So posted a tree and some genetic information. What about it. Care to share the conclusion. Or shall i wait till you use your crayons again.

• towerwatchman
    towerwatchman

Caedes

If you submitted something and I did not answer, my apologies, please post again and i will address it.

• cofty
    cofty
    If you submitted something and I did not answer, my apologies, please post again and i will address it

Fuck off you haven't ever addressed a single piece of evidence ever.

• cofty
    cofty
    So posted a tree and some genetic information. What about it. Care to share the conclusion. Or shall i wait till you use your crayons again

You arrogant prick.

If you are too dumb to understand the diagram I can't/won't help you.

• Finkelstein
  • GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

"See the troll in its natural habitat: the internet forum."

• kepler
    kepler

towerwatchman 8 days ago

Mathematically Measuring Evolution.

When judging relationships in terms of morphological characteristics we will always be bound by the subjective. Morphologically one cannot exactly measure the distance between two organisms strictly in mathematical terms. Using the standard method of taxonomy we cannot quantify the difference between a horse and a mouse, or know which is closer mouse to cat, or mouse to fish. We cannot do this by just looking at the physical features of the creatures. A human may ‘look’ more complex than a frog but how much more in quantitative terms cannot be determined by morphology.

Biochemical level.

On the biochemical level the difference between two proteins can be quantified exactly and the results can be used to measure similarity or difference between species. What is needed is a common thread that runs through living things.

Cytochrome c is a small hemeprotein found loosely associated with the inner membrane of the mitochondrion. Cytochrome c is a highly water soluble protein, and is an essential component of the electron transport chain. Has a fundamental role in biological oxidation. Note found in a wide range of organisms from bacterial to mammals. It is about 100 amino acids long, has the same 3D configuration and possess an identical active site. What does vary between different organisms is the amino acid sequences. In Dayhoff’s Atlas of Protein Structure and Function there is a matrix with nearly 1089 entries showing the percentage sequence difference between thirty three different cytochromes taken from multiple species.

--------------------

Back to this opening proposition again. I think you can turn this quite around.
    If you look at a scrapbook of pictures you can make decisions based on morphology whether a face or form of an animal represents more closely a dog or a cat. Yet even in what we regard as a species there is genetic diversity. The exceptions are species on the verge of extinction. In each instance, the question is begged: What IS a species?

Now, what about the Galapego Islands?

• WhatshallIcallmyself
    WhatshallIcallmyself

I think this thread has run its course. TWM's points have all been refuted with evidence given so that all lurkers can see the truth of the matter for themselves.

It's got the point now where TWM is denying having had replies which is utterly exasperating for those who have given time to reply to his questions/assertions.

• Caedes
    Caedes

WTM,

I'm not even sure you are here to preach since this thread doesn't exactly paint you and your beliefs in a good light.

Just here for the lols?

• unsure
    unsure

I always find it perplexing when someone who propheses to believe in Jesus is condescending towards others. They often respond pointing to others who insulted them which is why they insulted back. However, did Jesus not teach to turn the other cheek? I could never imagine Jesus being condescending towards those who argued with him.

By behaving in that manner believers push more people away from the notion of God rather than to it by their lack of humbleness, caring and humility.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit