Concealed carry Dubs

by scruffmcbuff 39 Replies latest social entertainment

• scruffmcbuff
    scruffmcbuff

I spent a considerable length of time living and working in America (would love to imigrate one day).

Almost everyone i worked with and made friends with carried a concealed firearm of somesort. I found this pretty interesting and as an avid firearm fan even more so.

So to our American members here...

As a JW did you or did you know any practising Dubs who carried or if not had firearms for home defence?

What is the general opinion of owning a firearm as a JW in america?

If you/someone you knew carried a firearm, did they carry the firearm to conventions or meetings?

Scruff.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

If you/someone you knew carried a firearm, did they carry the firearm to conventions or meetings?

Highly unlikely.

So you are thinking about moving to America and becoming a JWS there ?

Good grief

• scruffmcbuff
    scruffmcbuff

I feel like my intentions have been projected incorectly!! I would love to move. But not to be a JW. I can ruin my life this side of the water if i wanted!

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I heard that one of my youthful peer-group worked for a while as a NYC cabbie and carried when he was driving. I don't know if he carried in other places.

I'm now a member of the NRA, so I can't criticize his decision, but back then it would have cause a few eyebrows to arch.

If a person has the right to defend their life, there can't be a limit on the exercise of that right.

If someone says there is a limitation on what is acceptable defense, then it seems to me they're saying I have the right to be at the mercy of a criminal. Who else is gonna save my life? Batman? Jesus?

I'd put my money on Batman.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

I remember a big kerfuffle over this back in the '80s. There was something printed that was pretty absolute. 'Guns are not for Christians' or similar.

The issue was with hunters who used shotguns or rifles for hunting. They were threatened or lost privileges for this. I think they were eventually accepted for hunting purposes only. It was viewed as providing for your family.

But, handguns were a definite no no. Cops or others who carried weapons for work had to find new employment.

I don't know how or if the issue evolved from there.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Then why are interested if JWS are gun crazy in the US ?

Were you thinking of attacking a Kingdom Hall there ?

Jws for most part are pacifists so very few have guns for personal protection, some are Wildlife hunters though.

• scruffmcbuff
    scruffmcbuff

Not a single thing i wrote had anything to do with JWS being "gun crazy" you have clearly misunderstood my post.... somehow.

Because im asking what the jws view is in America (a country known for its gun ownership) this now means im both moving to america to be a gun totin generation overlapper AND launch an attack on a kingdom hall.

Im not sure how youve come to this conclusion.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I know someone who puts a handgun in his bookbag for meetings and FS. However, he lives in South Carolina where doing so isn't out of the ordinary. This wouldn't fly in NJ.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

To be clear, Bat Signals are acceptable to Christians in the US.

Your mileage may vary.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I know someone who puts a handgun in his book bag for meetings and FS.

Cool, so if he calls on a door where the homeowner puts down the WTS as being a commercialized false Prophet, he might very well blow them away with righteous vindication.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit