Concealed carry Dubs

by scruffmcbuff 39 Replies latest social entertainment

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

I know and knew of many JW's in states such as Colorado who have firearms of all types. They go hunting for deer and elk. They also have handguns out the wazoo but I would bet that they do not conceal carry at all.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

why would you want to go to live in America, Scruff?

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

You don't need a permit to hide a gun, just to be legal doing it I own pistols, and long guns, do carry openly at times, and concealed at times.

A lot depends on the culture of the state. We are not crazies looking to shoot things up

Guns are machines, it is the evil person using them to watch. How abouit pointed knives.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

In the 40s and early 50s the Bethel nightwatchman carried a revolver. After a guard shot up a giant roll of paper one night Knorr put an end to it.

In the 60s my Congregation Overseer was a cop. In the late 60s, we had two additional deputies and an FBI agent in the hall, and an undercover. One meeting about 1968 one of the deputies jacket popped open while he was giving a talk exposing a pearl-handled 45. All the kids were impressed.

During the late 70s Watchtower got very anti-gun and three of the elders quit the force in order to remain in "Good Standing"...and almost starved. Two remained cops...don't ask don't tell..and just didn't serve.

The JWs who do carry are rare...and do it secretly.

While publicly Watchtower is anti-gun and anti -cop...surprisingly they have no problem recruiting ex-cops to investigate (stalk) "enemies" (apostates-litigants) Watchtower deems dangerous to its financial interests.

• sparky1
    sparky1

news.keepmecurrent.com/murder-haunts-family-jehovahs/

The Governing Body does not want the rank and file Witnesses to carry hand guns. I think this article is a self evident reason why. I remember Ken Carr as being somewhat of a 'hothead'.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

I was in from birth to my early 30s. I lived in 4 states during that time. I knew Witnesses in all of those places that owned rifles and shotguns. They justified it to the congregation as hunting tools.

I owned a few pistols. I took them to the range.

Carrying any weapon for the purpose of self defense was frowned upon and would result in a loss of any privileges.

This is all due to a mistranslated scripture.

• Simon
    Simon

I grew up on a farm in the UK where gun ownership is far lower than North America but we had shotguns and rifles - they were tools for controlling pests, for hunting and also fun for sport / target practice.

Some in the KH would be offended but I don't think the WTS ever came out with any absolute rule against them although there were some articles that questioned whether any JW should have them, this was almost always from the 'self defence' angle.

I think the GB sometimes have armed security though don't they? One rule for them I guess ...

• matt
    matt

@finkelstein...take a course in reading comprehension, report back after you've passed.

• Doctor Who
    Doctor Who

@Happy Dad...I used to shot targets with some of them. One, who was a MS at the time, had a concealed carry permit and took it everywhere. I do believe he was "disciplined" for it, but carried up to his passing.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

The whole purpose of concealed carry goes out the window when one starts telling others they do so. Suffice it to say though that I am legal in all my firearms actions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit