Concealed carry Dubs

by scruffmcbuff 39 Replies latest social entertainment

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I'm not sure how you've come to this conclusion.

Trying to evaluate your thinking into logical reasoning, in how and why ?

• scruffmcbuff
    scruffmcbuff

So your also saying my reasoning is ilogical with out even asking what my reasoning is?

My reason was reading an article on the sutherland springs attack. It included alot of accounts from locals, a few comments I read mentioned how they just wished that one of the worshipers had been carrying, and ironicaly praying that a similar attacks never happen again.

Got me thinking if following these attacks if the jws would be preparing or even what the general attitude is amungst JWS in the states.

But ya know you could just accuse me of being an illogical terrorist planing on moving to the states to shoot up a half empty kingdom hall.

• the girl next door
    the girl next door

Growing up JW and into my late 20s I spent time in a number of states from NY, FL, CA and a handful between them. JWs in cities and along coastlines didn’t have guns and usually were adamant that guns were a no no for JWs. In every rural area even in CA and FL there were some JWs that had guns like rifles and shotguns. A few had handguns but they were secretive and low profile about them.

I live in a very anti gun, gun control state. Still I know to this day active JWs that have guns even here. They are tight lipped about it.

I have never known any JW with a CCL. But it would not surprise me.

I wish there were more CCL people in general in my state. I would feel safer in public.

• scruffmcbuff
    scruffmcbuff

The girl next door: Thanks! Thats interesting to see that the opinion is dependent on state. Most of my time was spent in Texas and there seemed to be a huge gun culture there.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

There we go, now you've explained yourself , why didn't you do that in the opening post ?

I doubt it would be approved by the WTS heads to have guns placed inside Khs for if a gun related attack did occur.

They have instituted a policy now where KHs have to have their doors locked 10 minutes after when the meeting starts. Like most Christian churches its accepted that these places are non violent social environments.

So too are the JWS Kingdom Halls.

There are some regions in the US where most of households have guns within them so it wouldn't be surprising to see a occasional JWS carry one out in service. Nutty as it seems.

• hoser
    hoser

In the rural areas of Canada everyone has a gun. I own a gun. Never been registered and probably never will be. We are just careful who we talk to about it.

• scruffmcbuff
    scruffmcbuff

Why would I have to explain my interest and reason behind asking a question?if you dont like the subject then move on to another thread.

More to the point why didnt you just simply ask me instead of acting like a patronising cunt

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

They have a problem with dubs carying them in a law enforcement capacity. It would be heavily frowned upon personally.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I live in an area where hunting is a thing so yes many JWs had guns. Mostly for hunting but yeah a shot gun for bird could easily be used in home defense. Didn’t know any JWs that packed a concealed weapon or open carried.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

So from your opening post your interested in becoming an American citizen subject to if JWS are allowed to have guns for personal protection or otherwise.

Yes I personally see your logic and reasoning now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit