Bloodless surgery is the standard today because of medical progress. Or NOT?

by Nathan Natas 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Unfortunately to this day there are hundreds of JWS who die every year for refusing a blood transfusion.

Better surgical technics or not.

Thousands have died as a direct result of one single man or two who were amateur bible theologians, who felt their own self formulated opinion was more important in the pressing attempt to save people's lives and when that is realized the inherent tragedy to this inhuman folly makes itself known .

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Finklestein πŸ‘πŸ˜₯It really is ...the delusions of a few men....have cost us dear
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Yes. Tens of thousands of needless deaths because of the fallacy of the blood doctrine. To put this in perspective, imagine in your mind an NFL stadium filled full of people on NFL Sunday. That's about how many people have needlessly died because of that doctrine. As someone mentioned before, that number who have died is somewhere in that range. Terrible.
  • TD
    TD
    The JW contribution as willing test subjects for cutting edge procedures shouldn't be minimized, but like Simon said, that is not causality. --No more so than a rooster is responsible for the sunrise.
  • talesin
    talesin
    The spread of the HIV virus gave more urgency to the need for bloodless surgery, and the medical profession stepped up to the game. The JWS played a part, particularly with the business end of R&D for new machinery (at least that is my impression). So, they did participate, but I think the HIV crisis did more to promote bloodless surgery.
  • ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I remember when the bloodless surgery first started my mother had this smug, JW look on her face and said "you see, even the Dr's are learning that blood isn't good for you". Blood can bring on some complications but it didn't all start because of the Dubs

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    unscrupulous medical research companies

Sorry I meant to say Pharmaceutical companies

• never a jw
    never a jw
    unscrupulous pharmaceutical companies, which provide products that people need and want. All this in pursuit of profit for their share holders...how horrible that is!
  • rebel8
    rebel8

Of course it was not only because of j-dubs. Battlefield injuries and hemophiliacs (you're welcome) also continue to spurn research and development.

But I hear ya on the jw claptrap that they invented everything.

They claim they caused the entire civil rights movement in the US. Except they're racists and misogynists.

They invented language translation technology. Not.

etc.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

There is so much self adoration and bullshit that JW espouse, none of it is the truth mind you.

Self deluded mental slaves feel they have to do that to support their beliefs and their especial identity of themselves as being the one and only true religion..

They're after all responsible for so much truth and enlightenment in the world setting humanity on the right path.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit