Bloodless surgery is the standard today because of medical progress. Or NOT?

by Nathan Natas 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

It appears Diogenesister feels a need for a proper ass-kicking.

OK, if you insist. I'm here to help. I'm a Dub proctologist...

Attempting to hijack GreatTeacher's thread "JW parents in severe car accident,"

Diogenesister seized my observation that "Bloodless surgery is the standard today, not because of the WTB&TS but because of medical progress" with he carefully-crafted argument "Bull crap."

So... is it your position Diogenesphincter, that JWs are responsible for advancements in Medicine?

- "Nathanutass", soon to pwn yours

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

This bullshit tripe has come out JWS mouths a few times.

The facts are the applicable procedures of bloodless surgery has come from less intrusive technics of surgery which has lessen the need for blood transfusions and hasten a quicker recovery time..

The JWS religion and its abstinence from BTs may have had some influence in the use of factions of blood into medical practice though.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

From what Orphancrow has discovered, JW rank-and-filers have been guinea pigs for a significant portion of "bloodless" medical technology R&D...

x

...R&D developed, in part, by investors who are JW businessmen with strong ties to the Org hierarchy...

...i.e., the WTS may well be indirectly profiting from their own blood prohibition.

• Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt
    I'm a Dub proctologist...

Soooooo.... you check the kingdom's prostate? Not too swollen I hope?

• Simon
    Simon

I think the "because of" implies complete causality which is clearly not the case.

It would be more accurate to say "due, in part, to" because I think JWs have obviously played some factor in pushing "no blood" but it hasn't been done solely because of them.

• out4good4
    out4good4

I usually cringe when I hear JWs crow about how it was because of them that bloodless surgeries are so popular and how non-jws are moving to having bloodless surgeries.

As if, providing legions of crash test dummies willing to put t heir lives on the line is anything to crow about.

• Gayle
    Gayle

I am not giving an ounce of credit to the WT about blood transfusion alternatives or improvements. Until they put up their money for medical colleges/universities clinics and labs and encourage their own children to go to college and become doctors or medical teams, they don't do a thing for the improvement of life or mankind.

It's comparable to the JWs to try and take credit of making Australian Commission development to develop programs to take care of abused children.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Bottom line bloodless doesn't see really mean bloodless. If ones own blood is used or fractions or bovine blood is used it's still called bloodless.
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Minimizing blood loss has ALWAYS been an objective (not a vital one but one nonetheless)of any sane surgeon basically because

1 Any intervention carries a risk, even one as established as blood transfusion

2 Blood is precious we do not have an unlimited supply

Nevertheless bloodless surgery is not and has never been the STANDARD - and I do not like noises being made intimating that as JW's tend to jump on that as if their potty policy was somehow right - that is the argument I am putting forth dear boy

Check out some of Orphan Crow's simply terrifying research on JW 's being the unwitting guinea pigs by (I believe ) unscrupulous medical research companies out to make a fast buck and their JW doctor-colluders attempt to suck up to the org & further their careers at the expense of patients who are at serious risk. They should know better. They cannot be ignorant of the absurdity of the JW position on blood.

So....everyone had something that yanks their chain & JW blood policy yanks mine. I fuuuuummmme when I think of the unnesessary deaths.

I apologized to greateacher & did not elaborate for the reason you so charmingly pointed out.

We are a very angry proctorscope but you are not going to drive me to exjw reddit with your rudeness, dude.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    It's often a life or death situation when a JW has to undergo a procedure like a hip surgery, or similar surgery. Because of the blood issue.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit