Knorr Family

by vienne 55 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• vienne
    vienne

Sparky, you are correct.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    RubaDub: ...when soup was served to the Bethelites, he insisted on only serving Knorr soups.

Do you think that Nathan got the family discount for bulk buying?

Or is it more plausible that the WTS was receiving a charitable donation from Knorr's German cousins? That would be a win-win. Nathan was all about making money - he would save money by getting free soup and his cousins would get a nice tax break for their donation.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Here are some additional names that appear to be missing on the Nathan Knorr family tree that help prove his background in soups:

Justis von Liebig --- Scientist who found a method, still used today, to properly dehydrate vegetables without losing their flavor.

Theodor Schwann --- Scientist who developed a process to take dehydrated vegetables, chop them into tiny pieces and put them into little sealed packs.

Baron von Krueton --- Though not directly in the soup business, developed a process to use day-old bread, cut it into little squares, season and toast it. It added to the taste and appeal of various soups and salads.

Hope this adds some further insight into his family tree.

Rub a Dub

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

That is quite the pedigree, isn't it, RubaDub?

Some things make a little bit more sense now. Nathan Knorr was not just some nobody backwoods boy who found favor with da Judge - he would have been viewed by all those Bible Students in Brooklyn as having potential.

The picture becomes somewhat clearer - I never could understand how Knorr climbed the ladder all the way to the top. When he joined the Tower, the boys in Brooklyn were interested in promoting all sorts of enterprise within their new publication - the Golden Age magazine. Have you ever read through that collection? One of the overarching themes of that magazine was "food". Food, food and more food - good health obtained through good food. That and quack science. Dehydrated foods were touted as new food for the millennium.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Maybe also family 😆

• sparky1
    sparky1

"Then explain why when soup was served to the Bethelites, he insisted on only serving Knorr soups." - RubaDub

If my memory serves me correctly, we rarely if ever had soup at Bethel. I also worked as a substitute waiter at Bethel and had access to the kitchen and food preparation area. Never did I see any Knorr products in the food store rooms. If you have knowledge of your claim, I would like to see it.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

it fascinates me how many former bethel slaves volunteers appear on this site.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

I came to learn, I stayed for the soup jokes.

• fulano
    fulano

Do you really believe Knorr stuff would be served? To expensive. Whenever there was soup it was from Walkill stuff. The almost a year I served there I remember corn corn corn and colslaw. Cheap food.

Stan, I am surprised there not more special fulltime servants here. The more you gave the greater the desilusion and maybe hate.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Dehydrated foods were touted as new food for the millennium.

OrphanCrow ...

I am now convinced that the Society uses product placement in its videos as do many movies and marketing firms.

If you look at the bunker video from a couple of years ago at the convention, you see the brothers huddled together. If you look closely into the corner, I couldn't clearly see the croutons but there is a box of Knorr soups there.

Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit