Independent Catalonia

by mikeflood 43 Replies latest social current

• hothabanero
    hothabanero

@Fisherman: It is really easy. My position is that in a democracy the people should determine what is legal and not how history happened to turn out or some eurocrat.

I don't really think it is worth debating this anymore.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    Fisherman: It is really easy. My position is that in a democracy the people should determine what is legal

Let's consider in theory that Spain is a democracy, then the people of Spain should determine what is legal in Spain. Based on your premise then, since the people of Catalonia are only part of all the people of Spain, their vote for independence is not enough to change the law. Also, if Spain is not a democracy, then your premise is meaningless.

(A unitary state ( Spain) is a state governed as a single power in which the central government (Spain) is ultimately supreme and any administrative divisions (Catalonia) (sub-national units) exercise only the powers that the central government chooses to delegate.)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unitary_state

I don't really think it is worth debating this anymore.

Up to you.

• hothabanero
    hothabanero
    Let's consider in theory that Spain is a democracy

lol.it is. ppl should be allowed to vote and decide for themselves.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

lol.it is.

Doesn't matter. My argument considered it is.

ppl should be allowed to vote and decide for themselves.

I already replied to your argument: The vote for Independence in Catalonia does not represent the people of Spain only the people of Cat.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit