Independent Catalonia

by mikeflood 43 Replies latest social current

• hothabanero
    hothabanero
    On what grounds should Spain give Catalonians independence since Catalonian ground belongs to Spain?

you keep thinking what is written on some document is more important than the will of the people in a democracy. in a democracy what matters is what ppl vote for IMO.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    On what grounds should Spain give Catalonians independence since Catalonian ground belongs to Spain?

Let me me put it another way: The land belongs to Spain.

• hothabanero
    hothabanero

yah and britain belongs to the EU so lets send in the troops to quell the unrest...

A country belongs to its people. you are thinking like a statist and a globalist.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    yah and britain belongs to the EU so lets send in the troops to quell the unrest...

English land belongs to England.

• hothabanero
    hothabanero

Catalan land belongs to ...

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    Catalan land belongs to ..

Unless you have legislation to prove otherwise, it belongs to Spain or if you want to put it another way: Catalonia belongs to all the people of Spain including the Catalanes.

Catalonia ( "Catalan") is only region of Spain. England is not a region, it is a Country made up of different regions that are part of England: same as Catalonia is part of Spain. I am politically neutral. I am only having an academic discussion with you by the way.

• hothabanero
    hothabanero

I am hearing a lot of legalistic mumbo-jumbo. sure, let us for all eternity be ruled by what changes Franco made to catalonias status because Francos opinion on the matter is much more important than the ppl who actually live there.

BTW what right did india have to secede from the United Kingdom? surely we should undo all the unlawfulness that occurred when colonialism ended lol.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    I am hearing a lot of legalistic mumbo-jumbo.

Well..... tell it to the Constitution here in the US that legislation is legalistic "mumbo jumbo" when the Eminent Domain people kick you out. --By the way, if you want to fight, they have guns.

• hothabanero
    hothabanero

you seriously need to look into the history of catalonia.

one way or another, you believe the decisions made in large parts by a dead dictator (Franco) are more important than the will of the people.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    BTW what right did india have to secede from the United Kingdom? surely we should undo all the unlawfulness that occurred when colonialism ended lol.

Neither does Catalonia, assuming that they have no grounds, and they can do whatever they want same as India and the 13 colonies -but the ground belongs to Spain - period.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit