Independent Catalonia

by mikeflood 43 Replies latest social current

• steve2
    steve2

This is a fulfillment of Daniels image, the feet of iron and clay.

It can only mean one thing - Armageddon is close!

I'm so glad I'm over Daniel and his f*kg image.

• hothabanero
    hothabanero
    Neither does Catalonia, assuming that they have no grounds, and they can do whatever they want same as India and the 13 colonies -but the ground belongs to Spain - period.

So the US ground still "belongs" to GB and the Indian ground still "belongs to England?

That makes no damn sense. once you succeed you become a new country and the ground is not owned by the old one.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    So the US ground still "belongs" to GB and the Indian ground still "belongs to England?

You misunderstood what I meant to say. All I am saying is that the colonists declared Independence but had to fight England for the land. In the case of Catalonia, the Catalonian Spaniards live there but it is still part of Spain because Spain occupies Catalonia and because of Spanish legislation vs Catalonia Declaration of Independence. Are you saying that Spain accepted their independence ? Or are you saying that all it takes is for a region of a country to be independent is to email Madrid the message: "Have we got news for you!"

Anything can happen but at this time Catalonia is part of Spain same as California is part of the US should they send the president a letter.

I am not familiar with the Spanish Constitution and how it provides for any Spanish regions to become independent from Spain. Basques wanted independence for a long time but Bilbao and the Vascongadas are still part of Spain.

( Am I missing something? Are the Catalonians independent or are they still part of Spain?)

• sir82
    sir82

let us for all eternity be ruled by what changes Franco made to catalonias status

Catalunya was a part of Spain long before Franco.

• hothabanero
    hothabanero

@sir82: it was contested, but Franco changed their status.

what can be done can be undone. anyway ppl have had a vote and you can either respect their democratic wish or the wish of various globalists etc.

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny
    BTW what right did india have to secede from the United Kingdom?

It didn't.

The UK granted India it's independence.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    what can be done can be undone.

Well...., as it applies to Cat, lets theoretically consider that Catalonia was independent from Spain at some point before now ( not saying that in fact it actually was), at this time it is part of Spain and therefore it is not only up to Catalonia to vote itself out but it also depends on Spain to accept Cat independence. And it also depends on any terms and legislation that governs Spain's authority over the Catalonia region of Spain at this time affecting Cats vote for independence.

• hothabanero
    hothabanero

Fact: the UK was part of the EU; ppl said the UK could not leave for 117 different reason, then they did.

What someone has written on a piece of paper SHOULD be secondary to the will of the People, except globalists don't think so...

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    Fact: the UK was part of the EU; ppl said the UK could not leave for 117 different reason, then they did.

I have already answered your argument in my previous posts. UK is a partner in the EU but Catalonia is not partners with Spain, it is part of Spain. UK did not want to be a partner so how can you force someone to be your partner? Cat and Spain have a different relationship. Spain has the power to deny Cat independence same as they have with the Basques or they can give Cat independence. Wholly up to Spain.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    What someone has written on a piece of paper SHOULD be secondary to the will of the People,

As written, your statement is meaningless. You need to explain exactly what you mean.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit