You will not find this sort of support in the New System: JC Elder

by Diogenesister 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Yes @Steve a lot of these recorded meetings are very hard to listen to. There is a video he put together with "highlights"(lowlights) of his many meetings if you go to his channel.

It's just tragic that of 7 kids and 10 grandkids only I granddaughter still speaks with him.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Sometimes, when I'm in a very cynical mood, I suspect hardcore religionists go crazy-far "beyond the things written" in their neverending rule-making because, on some level, they feel the Bible isn't stringent enough.

• asp59
    asp59

They have huge problem the organization. They want people who seek appointments to work on the fruits of the spirit. But it just not happening.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    JC Elder - "...You will not find this sort of support in the New System..."

A moment of rare and refreshing honesty, IMO, considering what the WTS's "New System" would actually be like.

• Biahi
    Biahi

The new system sounds like a spiritual North Korea

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Yes he made it up

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Just such a sad story, the fact only one family member will speak to him now. He was an elder who probably cared a lot about those suffering ones in the congregation having experienced mental health problems himself.

I suspect he put the other elders to shame with his genuine concern for others and they wanted him out. When he confessed to having a drink problem I guess it was a gift to them, the chance to burn him they'd been looking for.

• Phoebe
    Phoebe

This video by Dutchman Logger is very upsetting. It's as if the elders set out to destroy him and they just about succeeded. He lost everybody except one granddaughter and by all accounts he had been a good father, working hard to provide for his large family.

There was no compassion, no empathy, no understanding for a person who clearly had post traumatic stress. He went to the elders for help and got nothing.

The way they dealt with him was despicable. I feel so sad for him.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Yes Phoebe, Xianthippe as you say it's as if they saw a man who was doing everything right and couldn't bear it. Why?!!!

There are some who do but the power is too much for some Asp59

Thanks for your reply blues. Biahi yup!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

there will be no support systems for struggling sinners in the new system?

Who can say that?

There will be MILLIONS of struggling sinners who live on into the New World(™) or who are resurrected there. We are living under an "imperfect" theocratic arrangement right now, perhaps the New World arrangement WILL have similar support systems.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit