I love clean shaven Jesus!

• besty
    besty

too little too late?

bearded hipsters are on the wane...

http://mashable.com/2015/06/10/yuccie-beards/#KK4V.dIlGGqX

• Giordano
    Giordano
    The WTBTS, since Rutherford's day, has incorporated it's Bethel corporate culture into it's ever changing dogma. So your grooming and clothing choices are as important as it's scriptural beliefs.......... how you look demonstrates how much you believe.
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

Giordano: how you look demonstrates how much you believe.

Exactly. It's all about appearances, very literally in many cases.

• Heaven
    Heaven
    I'm with park ave boy. This could be a passive statement of resistance.
  • Introvert 2
    Introvert 2
    You bet, the more beards the better I hope the GB get the message. I also believe this to the beginning of a good game of tug of war ! Back at 'chya !
  • Scully
    Scully

I wanna see the Sisters™ showing up to Meetings™, Conventions™, etc. wearing SLACKS.

They don't get Privileges™ anyway, so why the heck not. Maybe they could get a doctor's note saying that the wind blowing up their skirts makes their fannies chap.

• cantleave
    cantleave
    Doncha just love religion. We are told God made man in his image, but the OT tells men cut off their foreskins and the WT tells them to cut off their beards.
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Religions just make things what they want, to control people. Like that of banning beards. Nothing wrong with having a beard.. Think I mentioned a few weeks ago that Rutherford pulled beards because he didn't like how CT Russell looked wearing a beard. Or perhaps he couldn't grow a full beard and was jealous of those who had one.
  • Truthexplorer
    Truthexplorer
    To be honest, I would agree it is a passive statement of resistance. At first, the average JW is slightly shocked to see a baptised brother sporting a beard. However, on reflection, some must surely wake up to the reality that the no beards rule is in actual fact a ridiculous high control manmade rule!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit