Beards galore at the Assembly

by Truthexplorer 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Truthexplorer
    Truthexplorer
    OK, at our recent assembly, I noticed that there were quite a lot of brothers wearing beards. Not just the older dudes, but right across a range of ages, young men, middle aged men and older men. Is Watchtower beginning to relax this rule at last? Are the elders coming round to the idea that it is perfectly normal for men to have beards if they so choose. Note, from what I read in the 'secret branch guidelines which I downloaded, the wearing of a beard is out of line with WT grooming standards and elders are to refer to some old Watchtower articles when providing counsel? Perhaps the GB with so many other issues on their minds right now are less inclined to make an issue of trivial matters such as a man's personal choice to grow a beard!
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

TE: OK, at our recent assembly, I noticed that there were quite a lot of brothers wearing beards

Interesting! Where was this? (Be as specific or vague as you feel comfortable sharing)

It sounds like it's more likely people are just beginning to disregard the ridiculous and endless nitpicking rules of the control freaks knows as the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses (GB). This IS good news!

TE: Perhaps the GB with so many other issues on their minds right now are less inclined to make an issue of trivial matters such as a man's personal choice to grow a beard!

NFW. See this thread for recent proof of that. It discusses the current outline for the CO's meeting the bodies of elders. In it, the elders are instructed to crack down on publishers dress and grooming, and also their behaviors, body language, mannerisms, characteristics and traits.

Any rumors of a "kinder, gentler" GB are completely mistaken.

Let's review: It's a cult!

• the girl next door
    the girl next door
    "brothers" are learning to play the game. They don't really want to run the microphones, give parts or even go out in the ministry. If sporting a beard can eliminate those burdens, why not?
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Name one, just ONE GB member with enough testosterone to grow a friggin' beard! JUST ONE!!! You CAN'T!!! Who's gonna sport a beard? Sanderson?!?!?! LOL!!!!! HAAHH!!! HAHAHAHHAAHAH!!!

Rutherfraud couldn't grow a beard, so he hated Russell's beard. Since then, there has never been a beard-growing bad-ass GB member. Hayden Covington..HAH!!! Nathan Knorr...DON'T MAKE ME LAUGH!!! Fred Franz?!?!?! ARE YOU F***ING JOKING?? I have a bigger beard on my D@&K!!!

DD

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    I'm gonna go with general apathy towards the cult.
  • LisaRose
    LisaRose
    Since Jesus and the apostles wore beards they would have a hard time proving they are unscriptual. At one time they may have been a sign of rebellion, but that time has passed, beards are widely accepted in society, so what is the reason for banning them? Obviously they are going to have a hard time maintaining the ban, I suspect they will start allowing them even for elders in the next few years.
  • Spiral
    Spiral
    Here, there's a lot of "only shaving for Sunday" especially if you can figure out a way to skip the weeknight meeting (what is that called these days, anyway?). When I'm in town I see lots of beards :-). I always compliment them. Microphones handled mostly by young teens, here.
  • eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

2 of my sons (born ins) have beards and attend fairly regularly. I've asked them if anyone ever hassles them about their beard and so far, no problem. I believe that it's their way of saying, "I don't want to be 'used'---thank you very much". I had a nice goatee for a while after I 'stepped down' and no one really said much, at least to my face.

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Drat.

I thought this was a post about Lesbian sisters with their Beards at the assembly.

• pepperheart
    pepperheart
    david splane on the AGM video made a very barbed comment at the start about this is how people SHOULD dress like for conventions etc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit