Beards galore at the Assembly

by Truthexplorer 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I was in the minority as a JW to say the least when I grew a beard in 1975, I wore one for well over a decade, whilst serving as a MS, and giving "away" Public Talks etc.

A year or two after I shaved mine off in the late '80's because they were becoming unfashionable among those in the know as to fashion, and because mine was starting to sprout the odd grey hair ! I was surprised to see a number of Bros at the D. Convention sporting beards, Elders some of 'em. I thought then that they were trying to be slightly rebellious, as it was a fading fashion then.

The same phenomenon is happening today, we have gone through a long "Beardy" period in the world of fashion, from Designer Stubble all the way to Lumbersexual, but it seems that beards as a fashion are on the way down, not up, and JW's are perversely starting to wear them. WTF ?

• blondie
    blondie
    In the WTS I would think they have made a step if the brother giving the main talk at the regional convention had a beard.
  • 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Phizzy, Leave it to Watchtower to start allowing people to wear/grow something once it is out of style. LOL

Scully, U crack me up!

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Scully ha ha ha!!!!! Fanny chap. Ouch. Sounds nasty. If her husband had grown a beard too they would haul them both into a JC!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit