Blood Transfusion Permitted

by Nevuela 24 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Nevuela
    Nevuela

I just overheard an anointed acquaintance on the phone with a friend of hers who has just had surgery for cervical cancer. Among the snippets of dialogue I heard on my end of the line, these ones stood out:

"You lost a lot of blood? Oh no!"

"Of course I'm not going to get mad at you!"

"But you're not a witness, you're only studying."

"At this point, you can still take blood, yes."

"You did what you had to do to stay alive and take care of your kids."

"I'm only mad at you for not calling me sooner! I thought you were at home recovering!"

An anointed JW just gave her blessing on a blood transfusion. She essentially admitted that the only thing that would deny someone a transfusion is obedience to an organization run by flawed humans. That without commitment to said organization, Jehovah doesn't actually care what you do. And best (or worst) of all, she admitted that her friend made the right choice in order to save her own life and continue to care for her children.

How is it that they can see the glaring issue, clear as day, yet be so blind to it at the same time?

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

This is the part that really gets me. How is that not also true of an active, baptised JW? Why do one's own life and the kids' welfare become meaningless after being baptised?

It's another typical double standard of Jehovah's Witnesses.

• I Faded Twice
    I Faded Twice

And how is it that unbaptised children are forced to abstain because of parental choice?

• Nevuela
    Nevuela

I just overheard her on the phone with another friend, telling them about the transfusion. She explained that the friend who accepted blood was raised in the truth but was never baptized.

I am now even more surprised that she is okay with the transfusion.

• Searril
    Searril

"But you're not a witness, you're only studying."

"At this point, you can still take blood, yes."

Translation:

"I need you to not kill yourself off until after you've gotten baptized so that I can take credit for your conversion."

• Giordano
    Giordano

Lets keep in mind that the only religion in the entire world that forbids a blood transfusion is the JW's.They forbid it because they think it is eating blood as if first century Christians knew anything about blood.

Why????? It's because the WTBTS over reaches. And are under educated and their history re medicine makes them one of the most ignorant religions in the world.

Also because they think this makes them special............ when all it does is make them dead or very sick and then dead.

How to control over population......become a JW.

Does a mature person walk around with a suicide note in their pocket? Jw's do........ it's called the No Blood Card.

• oppostate
    oppostate

It goes to show just how guilty the leadership of the WT is.

The one's claiming anointing aren't even part of this leadership and if they were they would come up with different expectations for the sheep. The GB wanted all the leadership for themselves claiming to the the FDS so that there wouldn't be any question about whose opinion counts as "doctrine". In this they are admitting that they alone are responsible for the death and suffering their rules and regulations have caused--Bunch of filthy lucre loving hypocrites that they are!

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Many JW parents that I personally know here in California are taking their children to the Stanford University medical facility for medical procedures which may require blood transfusions. My son took his 2 year old daughter their for kidney surgery.

Why are they choosing Stanford? Because Stanford will not operate without blood! Parents know that if they take their child there, that Stanford will get a court order and administer blood to a child if necessary!

It's a 'work around" the WT policy since the decision on blood is taken away from the parents by a court order! Smart move!

just saying!

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    ets keep in mind that the only religion in the entire world that forbids a blood transfusion is the JW's.They forbid it because they think it is eating blood as if first century Christians knew anything about blood.

That's why I detest those JW doctors at Bethel that get interviewed, all smug. They fully know the tripe Watchtower has spouted regarding blood being dangerous and also equivalent to consuming it like food.

They must also understand the absurdity of the fractions concept. Indeed I am convinced a commitee of those Bethel doctors and lawyers came up with the whole fractions gobble-de-gook.

Orthodox JEWISH RABBIS allow blood transfusions....don't watchtower think they can understand the Hebrew scriptures on blood better than a bunch of high school drop-outs!!

• out4good4
    out4good4
    Translation:
    "I need you to not kill yourself off until after you've gotten baptized so that I can take credit for your conversion."

Whatever it takes to get those hours in!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit