What's the Highest "Position" You Had in the Congregation???

by minimus 85 Replies latest jw friends

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

I was the account servant, though I was never an elder or ministerial servant. I was asked because the congregation's books were in such bad shape, and no one else seemed to know how to do it. I also did all the other things such as handle mic, sound, stage, subscriptions, magazines, and I pioneered for just over 2 years.

Walter

• Undecided
    Undecided

PO for me also.

Ken P.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step
    What's the Highest "Position" You Had in the Congregation???

I once stood on a ladder and repaired a speaker during a Sunday meeting. It was a very high position and from it I noticed that three people were fast asleep and that another was holding the incorrect Watchtower for that particualr meeting.

It is quite amazing what happens to you when you are in a high position.

HS

• Mary
    Mary

I stood on top of the KH roof once .

• Maverick
    Maverick

Mary, you stole my comment! Actually I was the Grand, Exalted, Omnipotent toilet paper changer! Maverick

• mann377
    mann377

I always tried to keep a low prophile. As a MS I knew that Elderism was not my bag. I did operate a press at bethel and had responsibility to print the Awake for the USA,............. what a waste

• ignored_one
    ignored_one

Unbaptized Irregular Publisher.

Therefore scum of the lowest order.

None of the elders showed an interest as to why I was irregular, which explains my user name.

Ignored One.

• bigred
    bigred

Presiding Overseer for 1 year, back when the positions rotated.

School Overseer for 15 years, WT overseer for 10 years, always a book study conductor.

Talks on District conventions, nearly every Circuit assembly for 20 years. Also served on special committees, and taught Ministerial Servants Training School.

• jimbob
    jimbob

I was an MS and a pioneer, but not at the same time. When I was an MS, I was in charge of the accounts, which worked out great. Because I would always pocket all the cash I collected from every meeting, and write a check in its place. Then I had written proof for hundreds of dollars for donations I could write off on my taxes.

• Ron1968
    Ron1968

Minimus,
    You were the PO? I am sure you have told others many times, but what made you decide to leave the jw's? You must have spent years and years in the organization.

Ron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit