What Is Your Favorite Jewelry???

by minimus 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

My wedding band and engagement rings - the only rings I wear. I only take them off when I am cooking something messy ot to clean them

I also wear a gold chain withan "I love you" pendant - the first gift my hubby gave me.

And I wear the studs from when I got my ears pierced. If I don't they close up and sometimes I do like to wear something a little fancier - only when I dress up though

• Scully
    Scully

For me, simple is best. I have fairly small hands, so ornate rings really seem to overwhelm my hands. Plus I have developed the habit of washing my hands frequently due to my work, and even with the most fastidious cleaning, rings are known to harbour bacteria that can transmit infections between patients. For that reason, I don't wear rings at work at all.

Same with earrings. Small and simple. I have some itsy bitsy diamond studs that I wear almost all the time.

I wear a gold serpentine chain necklace. Again simple. My favorite necklace is a gold box-link chain my great-grandmother gave me when I was 8 years old. The pendant that goes with it is my first initial.

I don't wear anything on my wrists. No bracelets, no wristwatches.

My favorite pieces of jewelry are my toe rings. I was wearing toe rings before they ever became fashionable. I get a lot of compliments on them too. They have a bit of an exotic charm about them.

Love, Scully

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I have some rings that my mother promised that one day she would leave for me, so they are special because she wanted me to have them. I also have a heart necklace she gave me with alot of little diamonds all in it.

My favorite piece is my engagement ring and wedding ring. My engagement ring is a round solitare diamond, set in white gold. My wedding band was just a simple band . My mother gave me as a graduation present a set of diamond earrings. I was always afraid I would lose the earrings, so I had them set on my wedding band. So I wear the wedding ring together with the engagement ring, and now it has three diamonds. I say it represents my children, and my son says he is the bigger diamond on the engagement ring and my youngest two are the slightly smaller diamonds on the engagement ring...lol.

I lost my engagement ring in a motel room we were staying in for a few hours , but my son found it. I then realized how much that ring symbolized to me.

I love to wear different kinds of costume jewelery when I go out like big silver hoop earrings, indian necklaces and braclets, etc.

I keep my real jewelry put up in a fireproof locked box for safe keeping.

• SpunkyChick
    SpunkyChick

I love the princess cut diamonds...

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Over the last five years or so, I've amassed a pretty flashy jewelry collection, but each piece has been fairly inexpensive -- nothing over $20.

I'm irrepressibly gaudy. Hardly ever step outside the house without earrings, hair clip and 3 or 4 rings.

I favor silver with big semiprecious stones. I have moonstone, onyx, lapis, malachite and amber & looking for more. I also like Bali silver earrings and dichroic glass hair clips.

When I'm feeling really over-the-top, I ADD a pendant. Again, big semi-precious stones, although I have two delicate amber ones.

What I'd like to get right now is a couple more dichroic glass hair clips, some blue moonstone earrings, and at least one ring size 14 -- yes, that's right, 14 -- for my left index finger. My hands have always been large, but they've swollen a little with the tendonitis.

GentlyFeral

• minimus
    minimus

It seems you ladies are all good Christian women. No excessive jewelry, just like the Bible says.

• berylblue
    berylblue

I also love simple but elegant jewelry. Not that I have any.

White gold or platinum only, please. Diamonds and pearls.

Rosemarie

• Cassiline
    Cassiline
    rocketman of the don't worry, girls aren't hitting on me anyway class

<~~~~~~~~~~~~ *Smack* for rocketman

Feel better now? A girl has now "hit on" you.

• Xena
    Xena

I am not a big jewelry wearer....I have most of what I want

this bracelet belonged to my maternal grandmother and was passed to the youngest daughter...it has her initals ingraved on the inside..it's probably my most prized piece of jewelry because of it's history.

the snake ring with saphire eyes was my mom's, I remember when I was a kid loving that ring...it was one of the few pieces of jewelry I wanted when she passed away...my daugher gave me the pinky ring so that makes it special to me...and the necklace was given to me by a very special friend.

I have just about all the jewelry I need...lol course I wouldn't REFUSE any if someone wanted to give it

• minimus
    minimus

XENA-----You're pieces are beautiful! Very unique.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit