On respect for the belief of others. Sorry for the long post

by StarTrekAngel 372 Replies latest watchtower bible

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Thanks, truthseeker. BTW, I like your floating wire bird's nest avatar.

Just trying to imagine the bird that would sit on it...

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

The O.P " On respect for the beliefs of others...."

What have I personally learnt from this thread?

A) There are some beliefs I can't respect.

B) Every posters reply serves a purpose in my personal development.

So my personal conclusion is that every post may test me or teach me something. I therefore think when we exchange opinions we should do so, in a way that brings out the best in us.

The Rebel.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

I also learnt from this thread that I am capable of some very interesting thoughts, but that there is a huge difference between a " THOUGHT" and " THINKING" ( I think)

The Rebel

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Yes. why?

TBH, I find this very difficult to believe, Viv.

On this forum, it seems that you're very eager to criticize Christianity, but perhaps not Islam.

In the absence of any evidence to the contrary I suppose I must give you the benefit of the doubt.

Please reassure me.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Reassure you of what?
  • The Rebel
    The Rebel

LoveUniiHateExams although your reply was directed at another poster my reply is:-

I think Christianity gets attacked on this forum more than Islam because it is an ex- Jehovers Witness site, But the way I look at it, both Christianality and Islam are based on an a concept of individual merit and guilt.

The Rebel.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

The real joy of this thread does not require thinking but the simple joy of discovering how we can all get along, and as we all get along we all gain greater insight and better communication skills.

The above bullshit was what we belived as beloved as Jehovers Witnesses.

The Rebel.

• Viviane
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette
    OC: people who have invested their time and life into a profession deserve respect, not ridicule.

Thank you!

I think this latest exchange illustrates why the GB doesn't want any of their sheeple to get an education. They don't have any and they don't want their "followers" to know more than they do.

Did you happen to see the latest Pew Research Center's Religious Landscape Study? It contains some very informative results concerning JWs. In reference to education, only 95 of JWs complete college and only 3% get graduate degrees. The WTBTS's policy against Higher Education has resulted in a religion with the most ignorant membership in the country, no doubt the world.

JWs ranked lowest in relying on common sense among the 12 groups reported. They were also among the lowest in using science and reason.

Very disturbing indeed.

Oubliette
  • The Rebel
    The Rebel

O.C " People who have invested their time and life into a profession deserve respect"

The Rebel (A) Does that include pioneers,ministerial servants, elders,circuit overseers and the G.B?

We have many " professional educators" in our life and we have many people who have invested their time and life into a profession, footballers and politicians, In my opinion that is not the criteria for respect.

The Rebel.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit