True or False did the Watchtower Corporation create false doctrines intentionally to enhance the proliferation of their own publications ?

by Finkelstein 83 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• compound complex
    compound complex

Vienne has already posted the link for the scholarly and well-researched book cited below. I suggest you check out customer reviews, written by individuals who are familiar with what is true and not true about C.T. Russell and his exploits.

A Separate Identity: Organizational Identity Among Readers of Zion's Watch Tower: 1870-1887

https://www.amazon.com/Separate-Identity-Organizational-Readers-1870-1887/dp/1304969401

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Lets just say that the men who followed Russell as leaders of the WTS bullshitted as means to keep the literature interesting and engaging.

Maybe they should have listened to Jesus when he said no one knows the time or hour.

The endeavoring attempt to set a time was actually going against Jesus's own words and when your trying to be a true devoted follower your suppose to adhere to his instructions but then there was a working publishing house with money and power built around it.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    Did the Watchtower Corporation create false doctrines intentionally to enhance the proliferation of their own printed publications ?

No I think the WTS created false doctrines different to mainstream Christianity to give the impression they have a hotline to God.

The paradise earth hope, no cross, no holidays, no blood transfusions were all designed to create the idea that they'd ditched false Christianity and by searching the scriptures and asking for Holy Spirit that were now the chosen of God, the true religion.

The end of the system and the dates were all part of that because the mainstream churches weren't doing it. They were waiting to go to heaven.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

the WTS used was the 6000 years of mankind's existence for a total of 3 times.

What were the dates for the end and the beginning of the 6000 years other than the year 1975 ?

I was aware of two but not three.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

In one of Russell's books he propagated this calculation in the early 1900's dont have the actual book.

This was talked about a year ago here would have to look it up again.

Russell as he did before about much of his acquired theology probably got from someone else.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

No I think the WTS created false doctrines different to mainstream Christianity to give the impression they have a hotline to God.

Good point Xanthippe

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

mostly borrowed ideas and phrases from others. they still follow popular trends. Find any social or economic or other event in the news and they will jump on the band wagon. Be it climate change, guns, welfare, always for attracting the most money.

• flipper
    flipper

True

• flipper
    flipper

Good thread Finkelstein , I mean, Jesus Christ - if anybody reads the book " The Kingdom of the Cults " by Walter Martin it goes into the whole " Miracle Wheat " scam brought on by C.T. Russell and what a financial rip off it was. I remember hearing that my mom's dad, my grandpa, a non-JW warned my mom about not joining the Witnesses and warned her about C.T. Russell and " judge " Rutherford's shenanigan's in the early 1950's before my mom and dad became JW's while they were " studying " with JW's. Unfortunately- for our entire family my parents did not listen to my grandfather about not joining - and it's caused 65 years of a divided family with half being JW's and the other half of us not JW's. Untold misery. WT organization is nothing but a mind control cult - masquerading as a religion

• EverApostate
    EverApostate
    The Title of this thread asks that "True or False did the Watchtower Corporation create false doctrines intentionally"

Does that mean that other Christendom sects have really got some "True Doctrines".

I can see that some comments here attest to that. Can I know of any such "True Doctrines" based on Holy books please ? Or am I misunderstanding ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit