Nobody else understands

by ElderBerry 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• carla
    carla

As a ubm I can tell you that no nonjw's can understand when a loved one joins the jw's either. They must really love the jw to take the time to understand jw-ism and read C of C and other 'apostate' type jw stuff. Of all my family only my (the spouse) family would listen and learn about jw's. I had a friend who came to love a person in a biker group and he was able to leave only while under the watch of law enforcement (not allowed to fraternize with other felons) and we bonded due to the biker group being so similar to jw's. Kind of like blood in blood out mentality (see gangs for reference). In the end he choose the organization over her just like many jw's do. It was surreal when we chatted and the similarities between her loving a true biker (even among law enforcement) and jw's it blew my mind. This all came from someone who was in law enforcement, new the system, etc...

Most non jw's think jw's are just a quirky Christian group which could not be further from the truth. Isn't it odd that after all these years of knocking on door all people really know about jw's is that they don't salute the US flag, no holidays and possibly no blood? after all these years and that is all that is really known by mainstream people.

• peacefulpete
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Sunk cost fallacy-- or realizing your best years are gone & that you cant accept the fact that it was all for NOT. And a lie.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I met a JW some years ago, not long after I left, 2 years or so, one I would describe as merely "hanging on", as he gave away himself, I asked him why he was still "in", he replied "Because I can't help thinking something is going to happen".

This shows how deep the indoctrination goes, especially that fear of the nonsense idea of "Armageddon". Once you research properly, you come to appreciate that the Writer of "Revelation" insisted all his predictions would be fulfilled shortly after the time in which he wrote, they were not, so all his predictions are FAILED ones.

To look for a "later fulfillment" of already failed predictions, is just plain silly !

There will be no Biblical "Armageddon".

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

"Armageddon".

Its a place in the middle east "Meggido""

"Armageddon"",, an event thats never going to happen.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange
    I met a JW some years ago, not long after I left, 2 years or so, one I would describe as merely "hanging on", as he gave away himself, I asked him why he was still "in", he replied "Because I can't help thinking something is going to happen". ~ Phizzy

I think this is quite common. Consider how many return to meetings after there is any serious concern in the news. Twin Towers 9/11 attack -- That "helped" many see that it was "time to return". Covid19-- same thing.

Of course, according to the Annual Meeting, that is a good position to take. When things look like it's all going to hell, run back in and be saved -- just in the nick of time.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit