Nicknames

by Aztec 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Aztec
    Aztec

Sorry if this has been brought up before (and I'm sure it has) but what are your nicknames? What people nickname you can be very telling about your personality and it's funny that they sometimes become more a part of you than your given name.

I have a long list of them..LOL!

When I was a kid: Carrie Canary (cause I walked around singing all the time)

When I was a teen: Kamikaze (just got my driver's license)

As an adult: Natty dreads (Damn curly hair!)

Because of my username: Az, Azzy, Ass tech (LOL!)

So, what are some of things people call you?

Yes, I'm very bored!

~Azzy

• rocketman
    rocketman

Unfortunately, jotting down my numerous nicknames could prove my undoing jw-wise, because my nicknames all involve some derivation of my name.

Yes, I'm very bored!

You're also very cute!

• Xena
    Xena

hhhmmm I have a workmate that calls me "satan in a dress"

never had that many nicknames growing up....course the shortened version of my name "Di"

lol and now I get Zee or just X

darn it all I want a cute nickname too

• oldcrowwoman
    oldcrowwoman

Thanks Aztec

I like these less STRESS threads. It helps to bring some of the old memories that have been hidden for awhile. Don't have to deal with you are wrong or I am right thread. As a 50 some year old somehow its not important~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~after awhile.!!!!!!

When in grade school I would be called Hairy Kari. Kari was my maiden name. They thought it was so funny~~~~~~~~I personally did'nt see the humor in it.

In H.S was called Cuds. Because I chewed gum alot.

When I was married his name LeRoy Brown. When writing a check the clerks would laugh and start singing LeRoy Brown the meanst man in town!! Blah, Blah, Blah!!! I was internally grateful to have his name removed from checking.

At times I would be in group of people with several name Kathi's. I would be called KB.

When I worked as a Machinist in a sheet metal shop I would be called Brown cow kathi brown. Whatever!! Male dominated shop!!!

Now in the ER I am called KB, downtown kathi brown or ER Fairy!!!!!!

A women of many hats OCW

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

In the tenth grade, my history teacher gave me the nickname, crash and dent. I bet you can guess why.

At an old job where I worked, they called me Lu Lu. I was always acting silly to get a laugh and that is how I got the name.

A Hispanic friend of mine couldn't pronounce my name when we first me so, he started calling me Chabela(pronounced Chavela). The name stuck so all my Hispanice friends still call me that to this day. I like it.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Thunder calls me Bucketts and shortened it to Bucky

• rocketman
    rocketman
    hhhmmm I have a workmate that calls me "satan in a dress"

Xena........That sounds strangely erotic.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

I was called Bridget the Midget. The irony was that I was 5'9 by the time I was 11.

• Xena
    Xena
    Xena........That sounds strangely erotic.

hhhmmm could this be why???

Oh and I forgot my maiden name was Watson..so I got lots of Dr. Watson and my dear Watson

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

growing up I was called Cammy because my mother's name was the same as my middle name. Later in school for some reason I was called 'mouse' by a boy who was as short as I was(and his REAL name was Martin Garten-he had room to tease!) Later in life I was called 'Comylla Gorilla' by people who hated me.

But my nickname of the last 7 years has been Martini because I won a cruise to Alaska in a contest and everything on the boat was free except the alcohol, unless you did one of the scheduled 'tastings' and they had a Martini Bar with tastings everyday...so guess where I was? (My Catholic confirmation name is Martine--which was sort of a coincidence!)

I have been using Ravyn since about 1989 when I finally made peace with it. I use 'Lady" or 'Ravyn of Thay' for my RPG online names. I was using 'Lady Loves Knight' when I met my husband online---he was 'Crusador'. (LadyLvsNyt is also Lady Loves Night---depending what I am playing at.)

Ravyn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit