Nicknames

by Aztec 42 Replies latest jw friends

• myself
    myself

My childhood/family nickname is named after my mother's nickname. Her family called her Katie from her name Katrina (later they shortened it to Kay). Her brother who was just a little bit older then she was couldn't pronounce Katie, it came out as Kiki. My dad thought the nickname was cute so he started calling me Kiki. The name stuck, I am still known as Kiki by my family.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses
    I am still known as Kiki by my family.

Sorry, I had to laugh lol. That reminded me of the movie Americas Sweethearts. Julia Roberts name on the movie was Kiki. Do they also call you Kiki kins like they did in the movie?

• myself
    myself
    Do they also call you Kiki kins like they did in the movie?

WH, Ummm no, however, dad would call me Kiki bird., not sure where that came from LOL, could have been the long skinny bird legs I have.

• shamus
    shamus

At one point it was milky.

Then it was shroom.

• Robdar
    Robdar

I walk very quietly. I used to unintentionally surprise people (you wouldn't believe some of the things I accidently saw) so I started wearing a bell on my tennis shoes to let them know I was coming. This led to the nick name "Tinkerbell".

I am pretty hyper around my friends so they call me "Tigger". When I get excited, I bounce up and down.

My soon-to-be-ex used to call me "Bear". But this was usually after I called him "big hairy bear" first. Sometimes I wish I was a bear....bears don't have to worry about divorce settlements.

Robyn

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Well, Rayzorblade was sort of an odd nickname.

I used to shave my head completely, and also would be a bit 'sharp' from time-to-time.

I got called: Rayzorblade all the time.

I have also been called: Raybies (rabies) and Rawkinray.

Somehow, the RAY part is always omnipresent in my nicknames. People can figure out my first name fairly quickly.

There ya have it.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Azzy you've heard some of my nicknames but here goes a more complete list:

Katie Lou by my Mom's family, Katie Poo (have no idea why)by my Dad's family, Katydid, Katydidn't, CaCaCaKatybeautifulkatyblablaaa. My last name is the same as Sheila's son's and in high school I got called Tony a lot. My Mom started calling me Trinka and Trinky which lead my brother to call me Stinky gerrrrr!!!!!!!. I always wanted to be called Kate. I tried for years to get my X and my family to call me Kate especially when I was older, Katie seems like a baby name to me, but no one would do it!

Then when I started cycling my cycling buds called me bikerchic, I rode with a bunch of guys one summer while they were training to do the Aids ride as I was one of the only girls they though it made me sound tough, I called them sissies (it was an inside joke). From bikerchic I get called chickadee a lot.

My given name is Kathryn, I would like to be called Kate, just Kate and thought I had this accomplished until I met Craig and for some reason from the get go he called me Katie.........I almost give up. I'm still telling my new aquaintances my name is Kate, so there ya gots the long version, nananana

Katie Kate

• searcher
    searcher

Most of my friends call me ‘ The Bishop ‘ normally shortened to ‘ Bish’

Apparently I have an irreverent sense of humour.

• Angharad
    Angharad

Simon calls me Angryhead, because when we met he had trouble saying my name and that what came out once, and it stuck

• Prisca
    Prisca

Cilla

Cil

Priscil

Prissie

Miss Prissy

Prisca

Prisker

The Prisker.

Share this

Google+