Breaking News from the WTS - The Time of the End is Near!

by jgnat 49 Replies latest jw friends

• Gordy
    Gordy

jgnat

Just exactly what was the information about the "end" your husband heard that got him jumping.

• figureheaduk
    figureheaduk

Haven't they been preaching this crap (unsuccessfuly!) since the late 19th century? Unless they are referring to the end of the WTS itself thanks to a huge drop in numbers bought on by the internet, paedophile scandals, exposure of past (false) prophecies, doctrinal flip flops etc.

• shamus
    shamus

I'm so excited...

And I just can't hide it....

I'm about to lose control, and I think I like it.....

• hippikon
    hippikon

If I had One Dollar for every time I heard that would be a wealthy man.

• Hamas
    Hamas

Here's twenty dollars :

• hippikon
    hippikon

Hamas - There isn't enough money in the world for me to do what that dirty little coward and his pig penises did.

• mouthy
    mouthy

I feel so sorry for the kids ....My Daughter was told she would never have to go to kindergarten by a "loving " brother - Elder.... She died at 42- her kids were attending high school . Poor little children have nightmares about it!!!! I feel so upset when they start this AGAIN!!!!!Wicked!!!!

• Dawn
    Dawn

I agree - all this talk about Armageddon just around the corner - what an obvious scare tactic. And the sad part is that it REALLY affects the kids. I was terrified of Armageddon and had nightmares as early as I can remember.

What I find really funny is that the JW's really miss the big picture. That is - you can die at any minute from any number of reasons (hit by a bus, heart attack, car wreck, etc) - and then...I guess...that's YOUR end - your Armageddon if you will. So why worry about the BIG Armageddon - chances are you'll leave this world long before that one hits. Just live your life the way you think you should and it won't matter whether it's Armageddon that brings an end to this world - or your untimely death.

Whatever.....they waste an awful lot of time and energy worrying about things like that. How about spending that time and energy REALLY reading the bible - or hey - how about helping out with a charity??? What a novel idea

• jgnat
    jgnat

95stormfront, ain’t it fun to learn how to make our own happiness now, rather than waiting for paradise to drop in our laps?

Oh, hi, Run Don’t Walk nice to meet ya. I have added you to my Canadian map. We can never get enough to get an xJW meetup going here in Edmonton. Interested?

rubadub, picking the likely time of day is a riot! Reminds me of some of the hoary wisdom dispensed by our own Rhinoceros Party (apparently in a state of demise) here in Canada.

garybuss - I had not realized, once Russia collapsed and the nukes were disabled, that the New World Order was At Hand. Amazing. Stupendous. Yawn.

blondie - yes, I could put money on it. Bethel will never again put their musings to paper. Rumors do the job just as well.

Gordy - my man is emotional rather than logical. I doubt whether anything new was said. Rather, he likely heard an inspired speaker who managed to work the crowd up to a positive froth. I hope you were not snagged by my tongue-in-cheek “Breaking News”.

figureheaduk - yes, Solomon had it nailed - there is nothing new under the sun.

lolol Shamus - I can hear my honey humming that tune right now. I might just dig that classic out of his collection.

hippikon - what do you figure the saturation point is? Was yours at about, say, a thousand dollars? I am amazed so many older ones, though frequently disappointed, manage to hang on to the faint hope.

mouthy - and you can be sure, this one is announced from the platform, not in the magazine.

dawn - not just JW kids. I used to lie in bed at night worrying about nuclear holocaust. Seems to me there is something in the bible about not worrying about tomorrow, every day has enough trouble of it's own. Love your novel idea..

• archangel01
    archangel01

Next time just say he talks about the end say this " Really, well I just got off the phone (Pray) with the Father & Jesus and they said that was news to them!!!!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit