Breaking News from the WTS - The Time of the End is Near!

by jgnat 49 Replies latest jw friends

• archangel01
    archangel01

I was thinking of getting a shirt made with a skeleton sitting at the park with a WT mag. in his hand that said the end is very near 1874 or 1925. And under the picture it saids " You should have follow Jesus"

Does anyone have ideas??????

• ofcmad
    ofcmad

I think that some of the "older men" have been listenting too much to "Coast to coast with George Norrey". I think that they have taken the hints regarding Planet X coming soon...

LOL

Ofcmad

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

My wife is a zealous dub too. I expect her home from Tuesday study group soon.

What is it with these people. Are they just blinkered or are they too afraid to face up to what we faced up to? (That we were wrong for all those years)

Why do they turn a massive failure of expection into a big joke "My mother said I would never get to leave school and now my kids are working" Hee Hee. .. They seem to view it as macho , or something to be proud of, that their faith is strong despite the disappointment of getting old, after all.

When I was a young man, I found in the KH library a bound Wt from about 1950. It said that the end was very near. Poor things back then , I thought . "They have had to wait another 25 years until 1975"

The sad thing is that it took anothe 20 years before I wised up , but at least I did so

• jgnat
    jgnat

What is with the WTS and their obsession with clocks? Early Christians judged the "hour" by looking at the sky. I don't think JCanon is WT "approved" any more, but the following attitude surely is pervasive amongst endtime watchers.

And God said: "The world is wicked! I'm going to destroy it. I want my blessed people to be at the docks at 9:30 p.m. sharp. We'll load from 9:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. but the boat must leave by 10:00 p.m. in order to avoid the castrophe! Don't be late!"

9:59 p.m. ALL ABOARD!

:Hey wait! What about "Nice Lady!" The one who helps the homeless and the sick. The one that gives all her time to the poor?

:What? She must be on board already, look for her!

:She's not here, I checked!

:What?!!!! Well, didn't we tell her what time to be here?

:Yes.

:Didn't I say 9:30 p.m., we leave at 10?

:Yes.

:Well, where is she? Doesn't she care enough to follow my instructions?

:I think she really cares, but you know tonight she had a special function for the homeless and I think she didn't finish feeding everybody.

:The homeless? Most of whom are on the boat? Those homeless?

:Yes. But...well, I'm sure she'll be here. Can't we just hold the boat up for a short while until she arrives?

:If we hold the boat up, all the people on board will die, including her. Wouldn't it be better to save these and lose her than for everyone to die?

:You're right. Everyone knew what to do. I guess she had her own priorities.

Jesus: Hey! Let's get going! If Sweet Lady wasn't so wrapped up into what SHE wanted to do instead of caring about what God commands then she would have been here early. She is getting her reward right now. Plus, she's not that smart. Why is she fooling around trying to feed the homeless who are going to die anyway because they didn't care enough either to be here on time? It's too bad, but I'm sorry. There's a time for helping the homeless and there is a time for getting on the boat, and she should have figured that out.

:So, um, you're saying she's not that smart?

Jesus: No. I'm saying she's not true "kingdom material" as nice as she is. Kingdom material would have been on the boat at 9:29.

:Right.

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

JGNAT:

I would just ask him whether he is referring to the beginning of the beginning of the "time of the End" ... The end of the beginning and beginning of the ending of the time of the end....or the ending of the ending of the time of the beginning of the time of the end.

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

I agree with the last post. I'd also throw in there something about explaining the "progressively brighter light" about the term "generation." Used to be the end would happen when people who were in their twenties during at 1914 would were still around. Then it changed to in their teens. Then it changed to if they were just born after 1914. Then, I'm assuming it was if a person was a viable ovum and sperm in their parents' loins at some point around 1914. Then they had to scrap that whole idea. "Generation" then became anyone who was living at any time something happend....I still confess, I'm not to clear on their recent interpretation??

Maybe they've got an ever newer understanding that's tied to their ability to finally, truly see that the end is "near." A generations' alive today, hey even 4-5 generations. That must mean the end is near.

• jschwehm
    jschwehm

Someone once told me that what they do when the JWs come to the door is tell them that they are on the phone and that they will come back to the door and talk with them "soon". At that point they leave the door slightly ajar and let them wait for long periods of time. I think they are trying to make a point but I doubt if the average JW gets it.

Jeff S.

• Bendrr
    Bendrr
    I'm hiding the koolaid...

Hide the rat poison too. Just get rid of that anyway. And get rid of the "sticky paper" traps too. If you must kill rats and mice, use the old spring-loaded traps. Kills 'em quick and much more humane.

What were we talking about again?

Oh yeah!

The end is near. So is that big whatever that's supposed to destroy all life on earth as we know it. Maybe the old farts in Brooklyn came across that website. Look y'all, you gotta think before you post stuff like that. To a lot of Witnesses the internet is still a very new thing. They'll believe whatever they read, you know that!

Mike.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    "Generation" then became anyone who was living at any time something happend....I still confess, I'm not to clear on their recent interpretation??

The Faithful Slave received new light via Jehovah's Holy Spirit that the greek word translated "generation" at Matthew 24:34 really means "era" so 1914 is still in place (though 1919 seems to be the key year emphasized in the publications nowadays), we still live in the "era" that began with the events of 1914.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

double posted

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit