Breaking News from the WTS - The Time of the End is Near!

by jgnat 49 Replies latest jw friends

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

.....tick-tock...

1 second is up....we all missed it.

It's always near, that is, 'the end'....like the end of this sentence....

• hurt
    hurt
    In fact, it is VERY, VERY SOON. My JW honey came back from the meeting with this earth-shattering announcement.

The End, Right Soon Now, Just at the Corner.

Something must be up at the Tower. They use this tactic as a distraction.

• blondie
    blondie

jgnat, the end was very soon in the late 20's when my grandparents were baptized. They're dead now.

The end was very soon when my mother and her siblings were baptized in the early 50's. One is near death and the others are in their late 70's and early 80's wondering why the end hasn't come yet because "millions now living will never die."

Maybe these words from the FDS will comfort them :

In ancient times, men and women of faith kept their eyes on the things unseen, which included all the things their God, Jehovah, had promised to do in his due time. In the book of Hebrews, Paul speaks highly of such ones, who maintained their faith till the time of their death—and some of them lived to be very old. He points to them as an example for us, saying: "In faith all these died, although they did not get the fulfillment of the promises, but they saw them afar off and welcomed them."—Hebrews 11:13.
    Today we are very close to the fulfillment of these promises. But we have sick and elderly ones among us who do not feel certain that they will personally live to see the end of this wicked system. Maybe some of these also will die in faith without having seen all the promises fulfilled during their present lifetime. To such ones the words of Paul at 2 Corinthians 4:16-18 can be a great encouragement.

(I'm at work but there is a comment from the WTS about "paradise now" that is on my other CD. It shows another example of WTS doublespeak.)

Blondie

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

Again.....

Dammnit I wish it'd hurry up and get here then !!

ALL THIS WAITING REALLY SUX !!!!!

• jgnat
    jgnat

I find it disturbing that Witnesses equate faith that the end is soon, or Very Soon, or Very, Very Soon with their faith in Jehovah. Does the absolute belief in the end make them better husbands, fathers, brothers, Christians? Or does it prevent them from making critical decisions about their future?

To have faith in God alone, regardless of our ability to predict the future, is a better course, I think. It seems to me Witnesses would be much more bearable if they strived to be the best Christian they can be, loving and giving, regardless of what the future holds.

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

Actually I think it makes them a "little" worse (not much but a little), maybe more loyal but worse at preparing for the future.

I had a discussion with a family member a few weeks ago, and said ........

Jesus spoke to the disciples and said "No one knows the day nor the hour."
    He couldn't of made it any clearer.

Brings up the question "Why has the society continued to make ridiculous predictions (subtly of course, they never admit to it.) But many times over in the publications (1960-1990) they stated "it is unlikely we will see the 21st century". Were they right ??? NO !!!!!!!!!

Getting everyone into a frenzy about the end, increases membership, increases donations, increases field service, increases meeting attendance, the problem is people today don't realize is, they have done this song and dance many times over. (Russel to Rutherford to Knorr to Franz and so on)

I have read many experiences on this board regarding preparing for the future, and two that stand out, YOU should think about.

1) a lady gave the experience of when she was young, and really truthfully thought in her heart, that the end was near, Well as she put it, not only did I think I would not grow old, but definitely not my kids. Now today She says my kids kids have kids and she is in her 80's.

2) Many people have stated, they saved nothing, or never had the proper training for a decent job, now some in their 50' or 60's are working for minimum wage and barely staying alive. They said "we never thought for a moment that we had to prepare for our future."

So, does it prevent them from making critical decisions about their future ????

A BIG FAT YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and I agree, with your last comment, to have faith in God alone is a better course.

I don't but that is my opinion, I don't push that on anyone.

As I have said before, (hate to repeat myself over and over), We will all find the truth the day after we die, so enjoy the life you have no on earth, and when it's over, then worry about it.

Nice to meet another Albertan on this forum.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Thought no one knew the time or hour?

I have heard that some new light is coming out in the CO visits beginning with the new service year in regards to the "day or hour" issue.

It seems that while the exact hour is not known, the end will likely begin in the early evening hours, sometime between 7 and 9 PM. This will give people sufficient time to get home from work with some time built in for possible traffic delays.

***** Rub a Dub

• garybuss
    garybuss

Those with knowledge of God's
    promise and with love for his Theocracy
    know for a certainty that that terrifying
    growth of wickedness and violence in this
    generation is a proof that the utter end
    thereof is near and the change for glorious
    new conditions is at band.
    The New World, WTB&TS 1942 p.252

Yawn!

• garybuss
    garybuss

By his private prophecy to his apostles Jesus
    foretold the many-featured sign by which believers
    of this generation can know we are in the
    "consummation of the system of things" and that
    the world's end is near, though we cannot know
    the definite day and hour.
    This Means Everlasting Live, WTB&TS, 1950 p.260
    Ho Hum!

• blondie
    blondie
    It seems that while the exact hour is not known, the end will likely begin in the early evening hours, sometime between 7 and 9 PM. This will give people sufficient time to get home from work with some time built in for possible traffic delays.

The CO must be very ethnocentric in his view. The time zones of the world preclude that when it is night in one area it will be day time in another. How will all JWs possible be going home at the same time between 7 and 9 pm?

What about JWs who work 2nd and 3rd shifts on non-meeting nights?

There have always been several views espoused on this:

The official one in print in the WT.

The official one from the CO and DO on the platform.

The official one from the WTS to the CO/DOs in letter form.

The official one from the WTS to the elders in letter form.

The official one from the WTS to the elders in letter form to be read to the congregation (never seen by them in hard print though).

The unofficial one from the Bethel table.

The unofficial one from a Bethelite from the scuttlebutt at Bethel.

The unofficial one from the CO/DO.

The unofficlal one from an anointed brother in your congregation/circuit. (sisters don't count)

The unofficial one from the elder(s).

and so on and so on.

None of them the same.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit