Breaking News from the WTS - The Time of the End is Near!

by jgnat 49 Replies latest jw friends

• back2dafront
    back2dafront

So was there some kind of special announcement or what?

I bet they're thinking Bush's road map to peace is going to succeed, N Korea will behave itself, the protests in Iran will lead to a revolution and then democracy, and then everyone will be able to say "We have peace and security!"

I wouldn't put money on it.

• Brummie
    Brummie

Jgnat, just ask him which book does he suppose the Society have quoted from this time. Could it be Russells "The time is at hand"? One of the 7 studies? Rutherfords "The Harp of God"? Franz "Life everlasting in the freedom.."? All of which said the same thing and all outdated.

Alternatively join the pioneer ranks and save yer ass...:)

Brummie

• jgnat
    jgnat

My honey has his sport, Baseball! Kindly, gently, I can prod him to attend a Sunday doubleheader now and again. Poor thing is guilt-ridden all the way there. Has to remind me, over and over again, on the way there, that he has the Truth! Now I understand that his rapidfire assertions are not an attack on me, but a desperate attempt to keep his faith intact. What is JW faith made up of? Papier Mache (chewed-up paper)?

Mudwrestling?? Ask if he'd like to watch you getting a massage from one of those ladies in the back of the alternative newsweekly

. Yeah, baby! He would love it! What is it about JW’s and sex? Is guilt and repression some kind of huge turn-on?

Is he a good man?

Yes, a dear, sweet, “spiritually weak” but sincere man, who would rather die than give up his classics of the 50’s 60’s and the seventies. He doesn’t believe me when I tell him that music is not wholly “approved”. He is also a devoted “breast” man. It is this healthy dose of reality in his soul that makes him bearable.

Kenneson:

Which begs the question, how many corners in a WT building?

back2dafront:

So was there some kind of special announcement or what? Naah, just a talk. Whatever they said managed to impress my honey, though.

My actual comeback? My honey noticed my church was having a barbecue on the way home. So I told him, sure, the churches are clueless. All they do is have barbecues and do nice things for people. That made him laugh.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Me as a pioneer?! I give myself ten minutes before my mouth would get me in to trouble.

• rocketman
    rocketman

I often have wondered how it is that so many jws think that somehow, the .Org has some kind of "inside" knowledge, when in fact, time and again, they've indulged in nothing but guess work and speculation.

• jgnat
    jgnat

An inside track to God...Rocketman, you have hit the attitude on the head. I think I will go knock that bundle of attitude on the head right now.

• KGB
    KGB

Actually the truth is that the end of their society is near the end because when Jesus does come back they will be gone. HORAY !!!!!!!!

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

REALLY, very very soon, uh oh, guess all of us on this board better get back to our local kingdom hall, and i mean NOW !!!!!!!! (is it posssible to reinstate 3,000,000 people in one day)

Actually he is right, the end is soon, October 14, 2,345,890,134 A.D. 12:17 P.M. P.S.T. (of course I could be off by a couple of minutes. Hey I'm not perfect, yet.)

Czar, that was great Millions now living will never learn, priceless.

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

more "new light" from the Watchtower .................

the end is soon,

The sad thing is, people believe it, this is 2003, are there still stupid people being born ??????

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

The time of the end is near?

I thought it was already here?

Again?

Thought no one knew the time or hour?

Will you be wearing a placard like they used to do?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit