GDPR: help for PIMOs

by Fay Dehr 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Just take the form with you and ''keep on forgetting'' to fill it out and leaving it at home all the time. When the elders hound you for it, just tell them that you keep on ''forgetting'' it ''stupid me'', LOL.

• jp1692
    jp1692

Respectful_observer wrote:

The individual must have the "Right to be Forgotten" (i.e., they must be able to dictate that all their data be permanently erased.

Good luck with that!

Note this from the JW.org website regarding data collection and retention:

YOUR RIGHTS: The religious organization has an interest in permanently maintaining data regarding an individual’s status as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses. Deleting such information would unduly infringe on the organization’s religious beliefs and practices. - [Emphasis added]

Source: Global Policy Personal Data - Updated April 1, 2018

Isn’t it ironic—in an Orwellian sort of way—that the WTBTS’s stated policy that they can and probably will ignore written, legitimate requests to delete personal data is listed in a section of their policy entitled: “Your Rights”?

Let’s translate the doublespeak into plain English: when it comes to the WTBTS and “your rights,” you have none.

Let’s review: It’s a cult!

• Fay Dehr
    Fay Dehr

Right! Actually, someone should begin a useful post where we can collate JW "double-speak" phrases - this may help the inexperienced to truly 'read between the lines' when trying to unravel their literature. Example:

• "faithful slave" (Your masters and overlords)
    • "encourage" (to force, bully, or beat into feeling of low self-worth)
    • "your rights" (_BLANK_) <<< accompanied by stifled evil snigger...
  • stillMS
    stillMS

this form is just a joke comparing to what one should sign to participate in KH building - there you actually are expected to excuse any damage to your health/life without any compensation from the BORG. And the risk of being injured during the construction process is pretty high, especially given the safety rules not being that perfectly followed - contrary to the jw myth about that.

• freddo
    freddo

I've been rehearsing in my head how I'm gonna say no - and as always the Fall Guy's idea is really top notch. That is my favoured plan.

But ... I do like Beth Sarim's "keep forgetting" - I don't do passive-aggressive very often as I wear my heart on my sleeve and give both barrels when I really shouldn't.

But that would be so delicious - "irritating the glorious" ones ad infinitum.

Hmmm. Choices.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

freddo

'''But ... I do like Beth Sarim's "keep forgetting" - I don't do passive-aggressive very often as I wear my heart on my sleeve and give both barrels when I really shouldn't.

But that would be so delicious - "irritating the glorious" ones ad infinitum''

I'm like that all the time when people are overly ''persistant'', 'demanding''. Playing the ''forgetful card'' or ''lots on my mind''. Just play with them and say to them ''my forgetfulness is even annoying me''', ''stupid me, always forgetting about stuff''. Over time people just won't bother with you anymore.

yes, it might even irritate the ''glorious ones''. But, here's the thing. After a few tries they might try harder and harder, until that's when they give-up.

• stillMS
    stillMS
    Has anyone (PIMO, I guess) here had real experience with being offered to sign that GDPR form? We've recently received those blanks at the KH. I'm hesitating about how much red flags it will raise about me, if I refuse signing it. Don't plan a real 'coming out' at the moment for my personal reasons - and I'm trying to evaluate on what is 'lesser evil' in this case.
  • Isambard Crater
    Isambard Crater

My Group Overseer told me "it must be signed today" so I used a fake signature.

I have seen people on J.W forums say G.D.P.R is nothing to worry about as the Jobo's only store information like Address and hours preached. I'm still a bit concerned about the Blood Card and Medical Records stuff and after reading this thread am worried about financial Data. But the Elders and Borg are so busy thesedays they probly don't have time to snoop.

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/4902394774159360/gdpr-blood-aspect-also-this-forum

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Great thread!

Cant believe I missed it before.

Splash's comments were spot on!

• Onager
    Onager
    But the Elders and Borg are so busy thesedays they probly don't have time to snoop.

Um, dude... That's what computers are for! All of this data goes in and they run some whizzy analytics software over it and then it tells them all sorts of stuff about the organisation at every level, right down to individual people.

They won't be going through every individuals data, but they might see that the UK spends 5% less than average on buying things on the website for example. Then they'd look at the UK and find that the county of Cumbria spends 20% less than the average for the UK ... then down to congregation level and they would then see that 4 people in congregation X don't spend anything on the website and who those people are... cue visit from the elders.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit