Healing & Rebuilding Your Life - Feedback Wanted

by jp1692 48 Replies latest jw experiences

• cofty
    cofty

Looks like a great outline JP. Please let us know how it goes.

• jp1692
    jp1692

The program has been confirmed and I will be presenting at this upcoming workshop for former cult members.

Thanks again to all of you that responded. You really helped me to focus on the most important topics.

Although the presentation isn't until October, I'm planning on spending some time this weekend to review everyone's comments and start solidifying my presentation.

I will definitely follow-up afterwards and let you all know how it goes.

If any of you want more specific details, please send me a PM.

Thanks again,

jp

• jp1692
    jp1692

Hi all,

Just a quick update. The workshop is on for next weekend. I'm looking forward to being able to share my experiences as well as the wisdom and experiences of all of you that have given me much appreciated feedback and suggestions.

I'm told we are to have a smallish group of about 20 in attendance. They will be former members of a wide variety of different cults, not just JWs.

I'll return afterward to let you all know how it went.

Thanks again for your support!

jp

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Good luck with your presentation JP.

• cofty
    cofty

I'm looking forward to hearing how it goes. All the best.

• jp1692
    jp1692

The presentation went really well. In fact, the entire workshop was very successful.

There were about 30 of us in attendance. The participants were from a number of different cults: Scientologists, Eternal Values, Morningland, the Unification Church (Moonies) and a few other lesser known fundamentalist Christians cults. There were several people that had been in psychotherapy cults. Oh, and there were three other ex-JWs.

Some had left the cult as little as a couple of months ago, a few decades but had never processed it.

I'll give a fuller report later, but one point that I want to pass on now is this: As superficially different as cults seem from each other, they are all in fact very, very similar.

All cults -- by definition -- use the exact same techniques of mental manipulation and deceit to control their members. Only the details differ.

More to follow ...

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Glad to hear that your presentation went well JP. Looking forward to getting the details.

• cofty
    cofty

Thanks for the update. Good to hear it went well. Please tell us about your presentation when you get time.

they are all in fact very, very similar

I read Jenna Miscavige's story a while ago. So similar in lots of ways.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Great to hear everything went well. Good job!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit