Protesters at today’s assembly on the news

by Tahoe 71 Replies latest jw friends

• Tahoe
  • Bad_Wolf
    Bad_Wolf
    That was a fine witness!
  • AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

That was funny. And sad. At the same time. Ridiculous response by the attendant on the sidewalk.

The reporter (and camera crew) received an invitation last month to attend. So she goes to the convention site and interacts a bit with the xjw protesters on the sidewalk. The doors to venue are blocked by attendant/guards and the reporter is refused entrance. When she asks 'Why'?, the attendant, with snide condescension tells her: "Because we have revoked your *supposed* permission to even be here. That's why."

There is none so blind as those that just refuse to see what absolute dolts the WT leadership are.

At least, as Bad_Wolf said above: That was a fine witness!

Indeed.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

That sort of protest is powerful. No name calling, no doctrinal ranting... simply exposing and appealing to any others who may have been abused to come forward. VERY POWERFUL. They seem more like victims than apostates. Awesome.

• caves
    caves

AudeSapere- When she asks 'Why'?, the attendant, with snide condescension tells her: "Because we have revoked your *supposed* permission to even be here. That's why."

I felt this news segment did a very good job at reporting this protest. The type of way in which the attendant spoke to her is the same way I remembered being spoke to as a child growing up in the jwcult.

Wasanelder Once- I agree.

• Jayk
    Jayk

Of course it would take please in PA of all places right now.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

'Be Courageous'.

It seems this title obviously applies to the ones who can do this 'demonstrating'.

• blisterfeet
    blisterfeet

Neat to see the venue. That’s where I used to go

• Doubter
    Doubter

Lol

All invitations to private events are implied invitations and can be revoked for any reason. The reporter knows this. There is no right to enter.

This protest was just like any other protest — a venue for complaining. The day they become “effective” or “powerful” is the day WT will lose something significant a result of the protest.

This is not like a workplace strike or product boycott. The media got their sensationalist headline and will move on to the next hot story.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Hopefully this will be avail on youtube.

I've tried to open it on two devices, both unsuccessful. This time it wants me to subscribe to Amazon music first for $8/mo.

I realize it's probably the problem of "old dogs" & "new tricks". (Where's a teenager when I need one?)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit