Protesters at today’s assembly on the news

by Tahoe 71 Replies latest jw friends

• freddo
    freddo

Sparrowdown said "Personally I think the best way to expose JWs to the wider population is by comedy and satire."

Yes that's true - except to have comedy work the audience needs to understand the subject - so comedy and satire can work on those JW's themselves who are becoming increasingly embarrassed at JW policies and conduct. It can also work to make JW's and their door knocking and cart work appear irrelevant and pointless and embarrassing.

For the wider population you need to expose their wicked policies more seriously such as enforced shunning, covering over child abuse to save face and dollars and the death-dealing blood issue.

So apostates exposing these awful policies in the media is a very good way to highlight the flaws in the JW cult and inoculate more and more from joining them.

As for doubter the spouter he/she seems as useful as a chocolate fireguard.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I didn't say satire is the only way just one way.

I agree they need to be exposed by any way, peaceful protest, media coverage of court cases, social media whatever means possible.

• Doubter
    Doubter

Get in line. The blood issue has been rehashed since WW2 really. The shunning issue was made clear in recent PUBLIC conventions. Child abuse? Go back to 2002.

Its the same ol tired stuff.

• freddo
    freddo

Do I smell chocolate burning?

• Doubter
    Doubter

Lol

• Splash
    Splash

The blood teaching has been revised time and again, no wonder it's of interest when it causes so many to die.

WT are ashamed of the way shunning is viewed outside of the religion, which is why they have been so deviously bashful about it.

Child abuse? Some people think it a vile indictment of how WT put themselves before the well-being of children.

Let's be honest, by their failures, WT are very good at giving ammunition to those who wish to expose the harm that WT have been inflicting for decades.

"The same old tired stuff"? Of course you wish to be callously dismissive of the trauma WT inflict. Unhappily for you though, your heartless scoffing simply reinforces how loveless this organisation is now exposed to be.

• Doubter
    Doubter

The refusal of blood has been in place since 1945. Do the math on that.

Shunning? Ashamed? Are you freaking serious?

This was at a convention the public was invited to two years ago:

https://tv.jw.org/#en/mediaitems/2016Convention/pub-jwbcov_201605_3_VIDEO

Child abuse? Ok. Sure. Where are the “thousands of cases” alleged earlier?

• Splash
    Splash

Your arguments are juvenile.

Your protestations are veneer thin.

Just like your GB masters you have nothing to say that is worth hearing.

• Doubter
    Doubter

Lol facts are juvenile. Ok chief...

• Splash
    Splash

Lol. A WT acolyte valuing facts? That's so funny!

In WT's warped world, facts are what come from the GB. WT love to redefine words and you've just added another one to the WT dictionary.

If you valued facts then you would recognise WT's global cost cutting is a sign that they are not the God blessed religion they pretend they are.

But I don't expect you to be honest about that - you are a blind GB worshipper after all. Enjoy prostrating yourself to Lett and co while real facts continue to undermine your pious nonsense.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit