The worst gift of Christmas

by GrreatTeacher 20 Replies latest jw friends

• scary21
    scary21

My mom's mom, my grandmother,sent a package one Christmas. Her gift to me was a white nursing bra. (I was 12)

I don't remember what my sister got, but my JW mom got a naked lady cigarette holder.(perfect gift for the JW in your life) It was about 10 inches long and shiny black with a naked lady painted on it........OK, my grandma was a little wacked !

• rebel8
    rebel8
    Someone gave me a big crucifix, like the ones you hang in your dining room. I had to open it in front of a group of people. It was a toxic dig, since she knew I was an atheist. I think that's pretty awful.
  • GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher
    "Oh, lovely, it's kindling! Bonfire at my house New Year's Eve!"
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Worst gift, probably underwear.
  • kaik
    kaik
    I would say a book, which I would not read, it takes a shelve space, and than I am forced to share my opinion what I think about the author.
  • pseudoxristos
    pseudoxristos

When I was around 12 years old (in the 70's), my grandmother gave me "soap-on-a-rope". Needless to say, I was not thrilled.

pseudo

• Phaedra
    Phaedra
    I don't get any gifts on Christmas. I'd be happy that anyone thought enough of me to gift anything.
  • rebel8
    rebel8

Hey, don't knock soap on a rope. It was very practical. There was not liquid soap back then, and it's a big problem to drop bar soap in the shower.

Avon made it in many different scents. :)

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

A christmas tree ornament and the guy was Jewish....

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

The Revelation book by someone who had already underlined every sentence in it the 4 or 5 times that we studied it.

Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit