Being Gay Is a Choice

by ISP 51 Replies latest jw friends

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I think I understand what you are saying StinkyPantz,,,,I think.....lol.

I think when a person "chooses" to become gay,,,,,,,,,, they are ACCEPTING,,,, that they are gay. Then they choose to be open , or keep it hidden.

• ISP
    ISP

I guess they do SP, but what I was saying ...was when did I become a Man Utd fan? Or for you maybe when did you become a packers fan?...Yankees? Spurs?

ISP

• ISP
    ISP

Lyin, what do you make of the prevelance of a gay lifestyle in some male dominated environments.....like the Navy, boarding schools, prisons and in certain cultures?

ISP

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

ISP-

What does being a sport's fan have to do with being gay?!?! Will you please explain your POV before I run out of posts?

Can you also provide evidence that shows that there are higher concentrations of gays in certain areas? And could you admit that in these areas maybe more gays are out, or feel more comfortable admitting that they are gay because the stigma isn't as bad?

Lyin-

That's pretty much what I mean.

• ISP
    ISP

SP, All I was saying was that I grew up in M/cr and in particular a school where the majority were Man Utd fans. I adopted that football allegiance. Its the same with fashion , hair styles and sexuality.

ISP

• Englishman
    Englishman

ISP,

You're a Man U fan?

Now ask yourself how many mods are Man U fans? Can't you just pretend to be a Man City fan?

Hmm..guess you can't!

Englishman.

• ISP
    ISP

Hey Eman, I am a Man U fan..........its my genes....you know.

ISP

• Simon
    Simon

Next weeks WatchTower: "Man Utd ... is it for Christians"

Actually, I always did wonder that nothing was said about a team called the red devils which had satan as it's logo. I guess a lot of elders were Man U fans or else they knew they would not win that battle !

I think, like most things, it is a mix of nature and nurture - some people will have a genertic predisposition to being gay and some will get string influences as they develop. It's impossible to come up with a rule that fits every case of "why"

I just can't comprehend anyone liking a bloke instead of an attractive woman.

Of course ... gay women are a different topic.

• ISP
    ISP

Simon, I think the emphasis on genes goes back a while when being gay wasn't so excepted and there was a number of genetic studies sponsored by the gay community to find the gay gene. Its been discredited now as far as I am aware. The matter of genes is complex but whatever your genes and disposition......much more influential is your life/upbringing. That has a massive effect on how you develop, so much so any genetic predispositions are largely irrelevant.

ISP

• amac
    amac
    a number of genetic studies sponsored by the gay community to find the gay gene. Its been discredited now as far as I am aware.

That is true.

......much more influential is your life/upbringing. That has a massive effect on how you develop, so much so any genetic predispositions are largely irrelevant.

That is a matter of opinion. Science has proven nothing in this regard. It is commonly accepted in the scientific community that it is a balance of biological and environmental influence. But NOTHING shows which is the greater influence. I'm sure it varies from case to case and a statement such as "genetic predispostions are largely irrelevant" is a far stretch.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit