Fashion Fluff....Questions for the Ladies....

by teenyuck 36 Replies latest jw friends

• berylblue
    berylblue

OH, and I wear, when I do wear jeans, or my ankle length denim skirts, really ridiculously frou-frou flip flops with a perfect pedicure.

• caligirl
    caligirl

My own nails have always been thin and weak and break easily. My husband gave me an incredibly beautiful engagement ring, and after we got married I decided that having beautiful nails was the only way to do it justice. I stopped having them done when I found out I was pregnant, and now I cringe every time I look at my hands, but I had to get used to short nails again because poopy diapers and longer fingernails just don't go well together. Not to mention breathing in all those fumes in the salon isn't too healthy either. I will definitely start having them done again once the baby is a little older though!

As for panty hose, I hate them, but feel that they are a necessity for me if I am dressing up. Fortunately, I don't have to do that very often!

• Xena
    Xena
    I have my own look.

same here beryl...I love the freedom of being able to dress how *I* want to now!

Hey Andee if you like next time you can be on top

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

He He! I love all the responses!!

When I got married (over 15 years ago) I got my nails *done*. I went to a place and they glued red nails on over my nails. I have my wedding photos of me trying to hold my wedding ring with my two index fingers...too funny.

I have gel done now. They stay strong and I keep they only about 1/8 long, so not too bad.

Last night we went out to dinner. While driving to the restaurant, the sky got really dark. It looked like a major storm was coming. The restaurant is about 3 miles east of where we live. Lightening sturck a few times and a few drops of rain.

Hour and half later, as we drove home, the streets were flooded!! The storm had deposited about 3 inches of rain in 1 hour in our neighborhood. The street to our home was flooded....as were our gutters.

I had been on my husband for weeks to clean the gutters with me. I cannot move the ladder by myself, plus I need someone to hold it.

Since our gutters were overflowing, and there was a lull in the rain, we got out the ladder, I climbed on and cleaned out the gutters....without gloves.

I stuck my nice, clean nails in that gook and yanked it out. EEEWWW!!!

If I had not had a martini at dinner I never would have done it. The gutters were totally clogged. There was a fern growing out of one of them. It was bad.

After we were done....(took about 45 minutes) we went in, cleaned up and the rain started...even harder than before. At least the gutters did not overflow.

The point?

Put on rubber gloves, take off your dinner clothes and change your shoes when you climb a ladder at 8 pm to clean the gutters.

Live and learn.....

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

I like the pink and white acrylic nails -- my own nails are horrible, and these always look well groomed and neat. On my toes I like really bright tropical almost-glow-in-the-dark colors in the summertime to wear with my nice open-toed shoes. Pantyhose???? Only in the winter, my dear. I'd like to see Marc Jacobs wear a miniskirt with no hose when it's 30 degrees outside. The Office Manager of my law firm thinks we all ought to wear pantyhose to the office, but she's kind of old-fashioned and we don't listen to her anyway.

Nina

• Trotafox
    Trotafox

I buy mine at Walgreens. I've been wearing "California Girls" and "Nailene Active Oval" (paint yourself) nails for six months. Califnornia Girls are longer and fancier and I wear them as a change. They have beautiful french tips and patterns. It's such fun. I LOVE THEM. But I like the Nailene Active Ovals the best which you paint yourself and they are more natural looking. Both are inexpensive and they last for about 2 weeks. They are fairly strong. If one happens to pop off, you glue it back on in 10 seconds. No waiting to grow a new one or having to panic because you can't get an immediate appointment at the salon . My own nails? Terrible. Been a nail biter all my life (in and out of the Borg ).

Pantyhose? Gotta wear 'em. I don't feel dressed without them. My legs are too, too white. Even though I live in Florida, I am never out in the sun. I'm fair skinned. Not good. Not wearing pantyhose is against our company's "business casual" policy (which essentially means no ties for the men and that's about as far as it goes towards dress down). In defense of the policy, if no hose were acceptable, the girls in our office would look like they're going for a day at the beach...bare legs, sandals, shorts, t shirts and all. Our President would have a fit!

Trot

• teejay
    teejay

tee "he's got a little freak in him" jay ~ (in lurker mode) who's digging this thread... eavesdropping on the ladies talking about their undies and stuff...

• riz
    riz

so anyway, about tampons......

j/k teejay

• Hamas
    Hamas

Yes, those awful pantyhose are sooooo uncomfortable !!!

Wait a minute, did I just say that or think it ??!

I gotta think of a line fast !

• Soledad
    Soledad

ok ok I have been trying to avoid this thread but.....

I like pantyhose. especially black sheer ones. not in the summertime though.

I kind of ignore my fingernails, they tend to grow really really fast and I have to cut them down so I can be functional at work.

toe nails are red, bright pink, burgundy, blue or purple.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit