Fashion Fluff....Questions for the Ladies....

by teenyuck 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

I can't grow my nails anymore because of the lupus and the meds...but when I was a dub I did have long nails. I never paid someone else to do them tho and I was pretty good at painting flowers or other things on myself. In fact i often got in trouble for my nails...one sister told me once that I would be raped for wearing blue polish. Another time I was counselled because I did my nails half black and half gold vanilla--cut on a bias---looked really hot.

one of the first things I bought when I was ready to leave the JWs was a garter betlt and sexy stockings. Now I only wear pantyhose or tights for convenience, if at all possible I wear regular stockings and a sexy garter. I cant believe I ever thot pantyhose were easier! No more public bathroom stall acrobatics!

Ravyn

• liquidsky
    liquidsky

I hate Pantyhose!!!! Yuck! I'd rather wear a garter and stockings also. I have short nails. I cannot get them to grow without breaking off. So I keep them nice and short w/ clear nail polish. I think bright nail polish looks tacky on short fingernails. Like everyone else, the toes are always red.

• manon
    manon

Finger nails/ natural long I use "ORLY nail defense" I apply underneath the nails prevents them from splitting or chipping away its a great product. I prefer french manicures or red nail polish only on special occasions. Pedicures/ during the spring and summer seasons colors of choice on my toes blues or purples, toe rings, anklets everything ornamental I'd wear bells on my feet just for the sound effects.

Pantyhose????? hardly, great for tying up lumber or recyclable newspapers.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Love this topic!

I used to wear acrylic nails, did it for years. I loved them my hands always looked nice with birght polish and sometimes I had them done with french tips. Then I started riding a bicycle and after fixing a few flat tires and ruining my nails I gave up on the nails it got too expensive. What with buying tubes for my bike and having my nails done every week.......lol.

It took 6 months for them to grow out and then my nails weren't as strong as before. Now they are back to normal, strong and I keep them short but polished either clear or nude. My toes are polished during the summer months in bright colors, purple is my fave! Craig hates the smell of the polish and polish remover so I try to do them when he is gone and can air out the house, it really bothers him.

I have only worn panty hose three times in as many years. Once to my daughter's wedding and once for my own wedding (love you Craig). The other time was the last memorial I went to a year ago. I haven't worn a dress for ages either. Craig would love it if I got rid of all my "meeting" clothes so he could have some closet room, lol (love you honey!). I just never know when I might need do dress up, ha!

Funny I used to spend so much time and money to "look" pretty. I don't anymore and feel prettier and oh how freeing it is!

Katie

• myself
    myself

If you like OPI then try Cha-Ching Cherry, it is a great red, you can wear it with the reddest of reds, or if you wear pink, it takes on a pinkish hue.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

My mother in law,,,,,, uses her old JW days, pantyhose to tie tomato plants to the support sticks. I wonder if they are support pantyhose.....

I had to laugh at what you said Bikerchic ,when you said Craig didnt like the smell of the nail polish,because my hubby is the same way. He says it ( the smell) is stealing his oxygen and always unrolls the windows down if I paint my nails in the car.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM
    uuumm I love nylons...I get the real sheer silky ones...love the way they feel....and don't even get me started on garter belts and nylons

YES love garter belts and stockings

• wednesday
    wednesday

i still wear pantyhow on occ. but i like th ones with the lacy secy panties attached.

Otherwise, i go bare legged.

i like my nails short with clear polish.

i love the hose with the seam up the back-very sexy.

• breal
    breal

fingernails short to medium as I cut em all the time. bare - but I paint my toenails a burgandy/mocha color.

hate pantyhose - wear them only if absolutely necessary with heels for some outfits...

• berylblue
    berylblue

Long acrylic nails may be out, but I make NO APOLOGIES...I do not feel right unless my nails are perfect. They are long, round and beautiful. I wear panty hose ALWAYS..whenever I am not wearing microspandex black tights...I have my own look. I wear ankle length skirts and long jackets with tights and ankle boots. I don't care what's in or out, I have found the look that's me for right now.

Rosemarie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit