Fashion Fluff....Questions for the Ladies....

by teenyuck 36 Replies latest jw friends

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Since it is Friday and I am in a Fluffy mood....

Fingernails....Long/Short; painted, bare? French manicure or nothing?

I had my nails *done* a few months ago and there was a man there getting a full set of acrylic nails. He left them long and had them painted bright red. He also had a pedicure and had that done in a bright red. As I watched in awe, the nail tech was asking him where he worked? He works for my husband! In the warehouse of the company they work for. Very odd to have a man with long red nails and toes working in that environment. The nail tech said he comes in every few weeks. He is a regular. I told my husband. He laughed and never told anyone else. He figured the guy would get ribbed. Or everyone knew.

Pantyhose? Do you still wear them?

In a recent Allure magazine fashion guru Marc Jacobs said pantyhose are a no-no....ever. No excuse. No matter what.

What is a good JW to do?

edited to add all my info...I hit enter not tab.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

I love the nail polish OPI "I'm not really a waitress" and "changing of the garnet" My wedding set has rubies in it so it looks beautiful. I have no nails right now summer gardening LOL and chewing them off in nervousness wondering about my son

I am actually quite stylish haven't worn hose in forever. Course I have nice short legs LOL

• Garnet
    Garnet

I swear that Panyhose were created by Satan Or a man...either way I refuse to wear "hose" from March until November!

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Sheila! I am wearing OPI *I am really not a Waitress* red on my toes right now! That has been my fav for a few years. I go back and forth. That color and then the nude color. I have a friend whose nails are *always* red, long and perfectly shaped. She has good genes. I have known her for 13 years and every time I see her (every few weeks) her nails are perfect. She works in day care too, which is even stranger.

The pantyhose thing is annoying. I am a paralegal. When I was working in that, 2.5 years ago, you could not go to work without pantyhose if you were wearing a skirt/dress. Same today. I ended up wearing pants because I refused to wear skirts with pantyhose. In the legal profession pantyhose are a must. Ally McBeal is a joke. Not even close to reality.

I can recall wearing open toed shoes in the 70's with pantyhose. That was before bare legs were allowed. That is why my question....What is a good JW to do? With fashion dictating one thing, do you wear open toed shoes with hose or go free?

• worldlygirl
    worldlygirl

Hey, Sheila, I use "I'm Not Really A Waitress" too! Also "K'mon Over Here" for a summery shade. I love OPI!

As for pantyhose, I couldn't tell you the last time I wore a pair - I go to the tanning bed pretty regularly, though, and get pedicures too. I went with my husband to the Kingdom Hall a few months ago and noticed a few stares. . . I guess that's taboo.

• MrsQ
    MrsQ

I keep mine short, with a small tip and a clear coat of nail polish. Clean and simple. I don't like nails that look too 'done', but they should definitely look well-manicured! Toes should always be painted, though--the brighter the better. Mine aren't, however. I've taken up running and its hard on the feet. I just keep my toenails short and clean with a light pink color on them.

Pantyhose? Don't make me laugh! I HATE THEM! I will wear opaque black tights on occasion, though. My legs have lots of scars and I like the forgiving and slimming effect of black tights. Still, it is a blue moon when I wear them. Pantyhose are ghastly!

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Gawd, I just love these kind of subjects.....and great to have someone to chat to about them......whoohoo.

I havent put on a pair of hose in two years, and wouldnt now , because it is soooooo 90's lol.

I also love OPI,,,,,, " I'm not really a waitress" , it is my ultimate favorite, so ya'll stop wearing my signature nail polish!!!!!!!!!!!!! hehe

I have done the french manicure and love the way it looks the first few days, but they get in my way and I end up peeling them off . I don't like the way they file your own nail bed down to nothing, it hurts.

Right now my fingernails are in a sheer nude ivory color , but my toes are always, and forever will be done in RED. My nails are on the short side , as I have been doing alot of yard working and am kind of rough on my hands.

• happyout
    happyout

Hey girls,

I hate stockings also, but like Teenyuck, I work in a "professional" atmosphere that generally requires them if you are wearing a skirt or dress. I have taken to wearing lots of pantsuits, but I wear the knee high stockings. And actually, I just broke my foot, so I can't wear heels of any sort for a while Yippeeee!!! As for nails, I have good genes, and my nails grow fast and strong, but with a full time job and a young child, it's hard to find time to paint them. Plus, for some reason, I always get smears on the papers I work with when I wear colored polish. Not like my nails are wet, but just like I drag them across the paper or something. Even finishing with a clear coat doesn't seem to help. Anyone else with that problem?

I don't do enough with my toes, but I have a parafin spa at home, and about once a month or so I try to give myself a nice treatment. My husband horns in on the foot soak, but I haven't been able to get him to try the wax. He says it looks painful, like when I pluck my eyebrows.

Well, I would love to stay and play, but I'm off for a full weekend. Meet you all back here Monday for more girl talk (or cawfee tawk)

Happyout (happy to have kicked it with the girls for a moment)

• Xena
    Xena

I keep my nails natural. I am lucky in that mine are strong and grow well, I just trim them up, buff them..no polish at all. Now my toe nails on the other hand..I love to polish them (lol it stays on them longer!)..right now I have a blue/green color...I love bright reds...anything that shimmers is good too!

uuumm I love nylons...I get the real sheer silky ones...love the way they feel....and don't even get me started on garter belts and nylons

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

I have silk wrap nails, (I'm allergic to acrylic), which I beat the crap out of, done in a french manicure. My natural nails are like rice paper and to make things even worse, I have "man hands" (if you watch Seinfeld you know what I mean), so the nails help feminize my hands.

I have regular pedicures. Usually have red or some shade of burgundy. I don't like light colors on my toes.

Pantyhose? I haven't worn those in years. Mainly, because there just isn't much reason. However, I wore them for years in when I was a banker. I don't mind wearing them as they don't symbolize dubdom for me. I kinda like the feeling of silky stockings.

Andee

Edited to add: Would you look at that! Xena is on top of me!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit