Watchtower 1974 says FAT Brothers will be disfellowshiped and not enter Paradise!!!

by Witness 007 19 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Brock Talon
    Brock Talon
    ttdtt, Jabba the Hut only had parents who were JWs... he was never baptized, mainly because they couldn't find a body of water big enough to do it. So there!
  • RubaDub
    RubaDub

I recall that article.

It quoted Matt: 7:13 which says that "narrow is the gate leading to everlasting life."

It mentioned that fat people not only endanger themselves but those behind them if they get stuck in the gate.

Rub a Dub

• ttdtt
    ttdtt
    Brock Talon I stand corrected.
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    What a shameful understanding about overweight people!!! People come in all shapes and forms. Shameful.
  • fulano
    fulano
    Overweight is not the issue. It's greed.
  • Witness 007
    Witness 007
    If you have a big gut it means you are eating alot more then your body needs....common sense.
  • fulano
    fulano
    Not always. Health issues or wrong food.
  • sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

most of the overweight people I have known, and meet , are usually on prescription drugs of some nature. those mess up the thyroid and other hormones.

once they become addicted to those mind altering drugs, there is little hope for them to get off of them. they are patients for life. thats the goal of the pharmaceutical industry, to label people and medicate the masses.

anti depressants, make most people gain weight. Ive seen it over and over again.

birth control pills make many many women gain weight. again, 95 percent of the time it does.

it would be interesting to find out how many overweight people are on prescription drugs. id take a guess that 75 percent of the population of the US, are taking some sort of prescription drug. [ I fight hard not to join that statistic..Ive just got to stay away from my mothers house and her never ending baking marathon,lol]

Id say the people that go back for seconds and thirds, and pile their plates up with 1000's of calories, are either out of control, or have an addiction.

now, i have heard of someone getting disfellowshiped for not having a clean home, and being a hoarder.

how do you handle that?

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

No one ever got df'ed for gluttony, ever. Who cares if it's in the bible? Now smoke an occasional Cuban and you're df'ed even thought that's NOT in the bible.

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• rebel8
    rebel8

Gosh, I am not remembering this. I knew it is in the bible, but IIRC, they never enforced it. All jws did for fun is eat, it seemed!

Watchtower 1978 12/15 p.9 "He may make it impossible for diners to eat to satisfaction.

Who? Are they trying to say Saaaatan is making people overeat?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit