The Mueller Report....will it affect Trump negatively?

by minimus 107 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

They say it will be out any day soon. Do you think the Report will do major damage to Trump?

• JeffT
    JeffT

Depends on what it says. If there is clear evidence of criminal acitivity, yes. By this I mean so obvious even the Republicans will have to acknowledge it. That is what brought Richard Nixon down, and gave Bill Clinton a pass. Nixon's problems became so big even his own party had to repudiate him. Clinton was able to make the charges look fuzzy enough to give Democrats supporting him cover to let him stay in office. (Side note, the Clinton affair can be taken as proof that lying under oath is not an impeachable offense, neither is hitting on an intern in the oval office,)

If Mueller can't find anything really big, it won't matter because the Democrats will just go look for something else to charge him with.

• minimus
    minimus

I think Trump is saying let the public see .... that tells me there’s nothing horrible.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Remains to be seen. If the Republican base has no problem with him being in bed with the mob, announcing he's a sexual predator, inviting Russian oligarchs into the white house to brag he fired the head of the FBI to stop the investigation allowing only Russian media to cover the event, they won't mind anything else I think.

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

I have to agree with Wasanelder. Let's say for a moment Mueller produces a tape of Trump saying to Putin, "Please hack Hillary's e-mails and have the Russian GRU throw the election" - I don't think even something that damning would matter. Because Republican's in the Senate would just hand wave it away.

They'd be on TV saying things like, "Well, everyone gets help from non-US actors in some way" and "Remember that one time Obama wore a tan suite at a White House briefing - that's the real crime we should be looking into" etc. Republican's wont even stand up for McCain when Trumps attacking him in the grave - do we really think they're going to stand up for the rule of law?

So long as Trump has his sycophants in Washington providing him cover nothing's going to stick to him. Maybe if he loses in 2020 he might be charged. But, the way things are going, I think he has a greater than 50% of being re-elected.

• Simon
    Simon

I don't think there's going to be much if anything in it, certainly not enough. Sufficient details have already come out about the FBI and others who were conspiring to overturn the election that even the die-hard impeachers have been making noises about it not being a big deal and that they should move on.

That tells you there's not enough in it for them and they know it.

So people should start asking themselves why they were told the things they were told. Who made the lies and why?

• Thomasdam
    Thomasdam

I don't think they have anything. If they did I believe they would have used it by now.

• Betheliesalot
    Betheliesalot

If anything all the leaks have shown not much there there. Seems more interest today about USC and students ratting each other out as to their parents helping them get a leg up on others. As dems use to say about Ben Gazi, its an old story, lets move on

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

It appears Trump was trying cozy up to Putin and his administration so that he could build a Trump tower in Moscow.

This was going on while he was campaigning and before so that will mostly likely come out in the report.

The big question that will be focused upon is whether his activity and his campaign officials were doing something illegal while the campaign was in progress.

I think what has already been exposed will come froward once again.

• minimus
    minimus

The issue I’d why was the investigation made in the first place when they KNEW there was no collusion? They thought he would fold like a cheap suit. I don’t think so

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit